Funding For The Future – Best Practices On Obtaining, Retaining, & Maintaining Federal Government Grant Money
November 3, 2021
Free Executive Web Briefing Courtesy Of NextGen Healthcare
November 3, 2021 | 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Every provider organization needs to fund to facilitate growth and support efficiency in operating costs. The good news is that there are many grants and other methods of financial support available through government entities right now. These grants can be generous, but the terminology and application processes can be daunting. What are the most effective ways to apply for, receive, and meet all of the necessary requirements for this type of funding? Join OPEN MINDS Senior Associate Ray Wolfe and Cherie Holmes-Henry, Vice President of Government & Industry Affairs at NextGen Healthcare to learn the ‘ins and outs’ of government grant funding.
In this session, we will discuss:
- The types of funding available from the federal government, state governments, and tribal entities.
- Tips to make your organization successful in receiving multiple grant awards – the information you should incorporate, a best practice process, and more
- Making grant compliance less painful and costly – the best ways to adhere to grant funding requirements and ensure you receive grant funding for multiple years
Raymond Wolfe, J.D., Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS
Raymond “Ray” Wolfe, J.D. brings over 40 years of experience in the health and human services sector to the OPEN MINDS team. His areas of expertise include managed care and value-based reimbursement models, financial analysis and management, mergers and acquisitions, CCBHC certification, integrated care, performance improvement, and strategic planning.
Before joining OPEN MINDS, Mr. Wolfe served in a 22-year tenure with Pittsburgh Mercy Health System in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Most recently, Mr. Wolfe served as the organization’s Chief Operating Officer (COO), where he was responsible for oversight of all system operations, strategic planning, and performance management. Under his direction, Pittsburgh Mercy achieved Certified Behavioral Health Center status, earned over $850K in value-based reimbursement contract quality bonus awards, integrated three organizations through merger/acquisition, opened a primary care service that was integrated into programming for the severe and persistent mentally ill and homeless populations, and adopted a new performance management program for managers.
Mr. Wolfe earned his Juris Doctor from the West Virginia University School of Law in Morgantown, WV, and his Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Political Science and Sociology from West Liberty University, Wheeling, West Virginia, where he graduated Magna Cum Laude.
Cherie Holmes-Henry, Vice President Of Government & Industry Affairs, NextGen Healthcare
Cherie Holmes-Henry provides health transformation and subject matter expertise and leadership for NextGen Healthcare thought leader involvement and membership in various health information technology (HIT)-related industry organizations and trade associations. She is a vital thought leader resource and speaks frequently, representing NextGen Healthcare expertise at industry events, client user groups, and health reform education sessions.
Ms. Holmes-Henry’s responsibilities include NextGen Healthcare federal and state government initiatives. She works extensively with key regulatory healthcare decision makers across the country. Ms. Holmes Henry engages with state and regional Health Information Exchanges (HIEs), state primary care associations, and medical associations. She helped launch the NextGen Healthcare Payer Relations Initiative and serves on the executive committee of the Electronic Health Records Association as the current Chair of the Association. She sits on the Leadership Council and the Policy Steering Committee for the eHealth Initiative, and is an active member of both the Health Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS) and the Texas eHealth Alliance.
Ms. Holmes-Henry has been with NextGen Healthcare since 2009 and previously held several executive level positions throughout her 30-year career in healthcare, managed care, and healthcare IT.
Event Sponsored By:
About NextGen Healthcare
We empower the transformation of ambulatory care. You deserve a partner that can help navigate the journey of value-based care and ensure the best possible patient outcomes. We partner with practices of all sizes and specialties with our best ideas, capabilities, and support. The goal? Healthier patients and happier providers.
Achieve better clinical outcomes with a truly integrated solution for behavioral healthcare
NextGen Behavioral Health Suite is a clinical and billing platform that provides integrated medical, dental and behavioral/mental health clinical records in a single, easy-to-use solution. With a comprehensive view of patient health and the ability to share information seamlessly, it streamlines workflow, improves clinical outcomes, and refines reporting while enhancing satisfaction for both clinician and patient.
This robust solution is ideal for physician practices, community health clinics, behavioral health centers and public health departments that offer targeted case management, crisis intervention, residential substance use disorder (SUD) services, psychiatric rehabilitation, CCBHC support and more.
COVID-19 Risk Management Plan August 11, 2021
We are excited to return to sunny southern California for The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute at the picturesque Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa, August 23-26, 2021. To help plan your in-person attendance, visit https://openminds.com/live-mbpi/ for a schedule of events happening throughout the week.
The resurgence of the COVID Delta variant has certainly created new challenges for the country and for our families. Fortunately, the available COVID vaccinations have been very successful in preventing symptomatic infections and illness. But I did want to let you know that our team at OPEN MINDS is committed to making our executive events as safe as possible and have an active risk management plan in place. I wanted to share with you the key elements of our plan:
- Masking. Every participant will receive a mask as part of their registration materials. Unvaccinated people will be required to wear masks – and vaccinated attendees will be encouraged to wear masks. If the local or state governments have more restrictive standards (including mandatory masking or requiring proof of vaccination) at the time of our institutes, we will follow those standards.
- Social Distancing. We are working with the event venue to hold all sessions in the largest possible rooms with seating as far apart as possible. In order to accomplish this, we ask that you select in advance the sessions you plan to attend in-person at the event venue. This will assist us with room and seating arrangements.
- Outdoor Events. Where possible, we will use outdoor spaces for networking events and smaller sessions.
- Hand Sanitation. Hand sanitation stations are available throughout the event venue and hand sanitizer is included in your registration materials, courtesy of our partner, Qualifacts+Credible.
- Virtual Sessions. Every session will be partially or fully available in a virtual capacity:
- We are livestreaming via GoToWebinar our plenary sessions – keynote addresses and plenary panels. You can participate online from your hotel room (or from your home office if you can’t attend on-site). We will be accepting questions from both the onsite and online audiences.
- Each executive seminar is being offered at two separate times, one live at the event venue and the other exclusively for virtual attendees.
- We are recording the audio for each session – and will post the audio along with presentation materials after each session.
- A virtual exhibit hall will be available with access to all exhibitor contact information, product demos, and engagement opportunities.
We will continue to monitor any changes in the CDC recommendations for the continued safety of the public. If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to reach out to a member of our team at email@example.com or by phone at 877-350-6463. We look forward to seeing you at The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute.
Chief Executive Officer