Providers Growingly Concerned About EHR Functionalities & The Technologies Needs For Future Service Delivery & Reimbursement: Top EHR Trends From The 2021 OPEN MINDS National Behavioral Health EHR Survey
October 19, 2021
Free Executive Web Briefing Courtesy Of The Providers’ Resource Center for Behavioral Health and Human Services
October 19, 2021 | 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. Eastern
We’re bombarded with stories about electronic health records (EHR) evolving to become more flexible and use more services like blockchain, cryptocurrencies, and artificial intelligence, but what do your peers report firsthand? We recently concluded the sixth annual OPEN MINDS National Behavioral Health EHR Survey and found that 53% of provider organizations report their EHR does not have all the functionalities they need. Only 19% report their clinical, scheduling, billing, and reporting and analytics functionalities as meeting their needs. These Core 4 functionalities are crucial to service delivery and organizational sustainability.
Join OPEN MINDS Senior Associate, Joe Naughton-Travers, for a free webinar on October 19 at 1:00pm ET to hear the results of the 2021 OPEN MINDS National Behavioral Health EHR Survey and what your organization can do to plan for the next advances in health care technology and service delivery. Mr. Travers will also discuss the growing concern among providers and what functionalities to be looking at for future service delivery and timely reimbursements.
Register for this free event and you will…
- Hear what executives of provider organizations across the country think about the performance and capabilities of their current EHR system
- Understand what EHR functionalities will be critical for service delivery, reimbursement, and organizational performance going forward
- Learn how current EHR functionalities are stacking up against the needs of provider organizations (which functionalities are meeting the needs… and which are falling short)
- Examine the full results from 2021 OPEN MINDS National Behavioral Health EHR Survey with OPEN MINDS’ Senior Associate & Technology Practice Lead, Joeseph P. Naughton-Travers
All registrants will receive a link to download the presentation slide deck — containing the full survey results — at the conclusion of the live event!
Joseph P. Naughton-Travers, EdM Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS
Joseph P. Naughton-Travers, EdM, Senior Associate, has more than 30 years of experience in the health and human service field. In this tenure as senior associate with OPEN MINDS since 1998, he has served as lead of dozens of client initiatives, served as editor of OPEN MINDS publications, and is the author of many groundbreaking articles and presentations.
Mr. Naughton-Travers brings to OPEN MINDS a broad range of experiences in private and public sector delivery of behavioral health and social services. He started his career as a behavioral health clinician, working in both child welfare and community mental health clinic settings. Subsequently, Mr. Naughton-Travers held a senior business operations management position for a psychiatric hospital system and its community mental health clinics. Later, he was vice president of a firm specializing in information systems and billing and receivables management for community-based mental health programs.
Since joining OPEN MINDS, Mr. Naughton-Travers has developed business solutions for provider and professional organizations, state and county government, technology companies, and venture capital firms. His primary areas of expertise include strategic planning and metrics-based management, electronic health record (EHR) and technology selection and implementation, operations improvement, and corporate compliance. For the past decade, over half his consulting practice has focused on aiding organizations in technology selection and implementation, including all aspects of strategic technology planning, functional specifications development, request for proposal development, vendor selection, and contracting.
He has written numerous articles, including “Winning the Human Resource Wars: Tried, True and New Strategies for Behavioral Health and Social Service Organizations,” “Five Pillars of Management Competency,” “Data Driven Decision Making: Moving to an Organizational Measurement Culture,” “Survival of the Smartest: What is Your Organization’s Information Literacy IQ?,” and “Strategic Human Resource Management: Aligning Compensation with Employee Performance and Organizational Strategy.” Mr. Naughton-Travers is also a nationally recognized speaker, having conducted hundreds of executive and professional executive training events around the nation.
Mr. Naughton-Travers received his Bachelor’s degree from Miami University of Ohio and his Masters’ of Education in Counseling Psychology from Boston University.
Brittney Snyder has over 11 years of experience working as a marketing and management consultant in the health and human services field.
Mrs. Snyder serves as a marketing consultant, developing and deploying marketing plans and strategic tactics for clients. As a Consultant, Mrs. Snyder leads the firm’s marketing-focused projects, including comprehensive product launch initiatives, corporate and product re-branding/positioning projects, and website and online marketing programs. In addition, she develops and executes online marketing strategies and campaigns for a number of clients throughout the health and human services industry. As part of her role, she also works with clients to schedule, promote, and host a majority of the Executive Briefings the firm sponsors on behalf of its clients.
Previously, Mrs. Snyder served as the Vice President of Consulting Practice for the OPEN MINDS team and supports OPEN MINDS clients with project management and oversight.
Prior to this, she served as one of the organization’s Research Analysts. In this role, Mrs. Snyder supported OPEN MINDS in the production of its research and consulting practice deliverables and proposals. She partnered with the firm’s consultants by conducting research for clients and helped edit, format, and produce client deliverables.
Mrs. Snyder received her Bachelor’s degree in Psychology at the Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania.
Registration for this executive web briefing has been provided at no charge courtesy of The Providers’ Resource Center for Behavioral Health and Human Services.
Unable to attend? Still register! At the conclusion of the event, all registrants will receive a recorded copy of the executive web briefing and presentation slides.
Event Sponsored By:
About The Providers’ Resource Center for Behavioral Health and Human Services (PRC)
Your platform for building success with value-based care. Serving consumers with chronic conditions and complex support needs is a long and winding path. Let us be your guide, providing your team with the navigation tools needed for the transition to value-based reimbursement
The Providers’ Resource Center for Behavioral Health & Human Services is the only authoritative resource on value-based reimbursement developed for executives of health and human service organizations serving consumers with complex needs. Learn more or join for free at https://providersresourcectr.com/.
About Qualifacts + Credible
Qualifacts and Credible have merged. And we’re laser-focused on helping Behavioral Health and Human Services agencies improve clinical outcomes, enhance operations and activate their full potential.
Please rest assured – the team and tech you love will remain in place. Providers will have the flexibility to choose and work with the two best-in-KLAS EHR solutions, CareLogic and Credible Behavioral Health. Our teams will continue to support both platforms and our agency partners from end to end.
Over time, we will fully bring to life the power and potential of this merger – to elevate agencies and create healthier communities – across our offering, team, and the industry. We’re excited for you to take this journey with us! Learn more
COVID-19 Risk Management Plan August 11, 2021
We are excited to return to sunny southern California for The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute at the picturesque Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa, August 23-26, 2021. To help plan your in-person attendance, visit https://openminds.com/live-mbpi/ for a schedule of events happening throughout the week.
The resurgence of the COVID Delta variant has certainly created new challenges for the country and for our families. Fortunately, the available COVID vaccinations have been very successful in preventing symptomatic infections and illness. But I did want to let you know that our team at OPEN MINDS is committed to making our executive events as safe as possible and have an active risk management plan in place. I wanted to share with you the key elements of our plan:
- Masking. Every participant will receive a mask as part of their registration materials. Unvaccinated people will be required to wear masks – and vaccinated attendees will be encouraged to wear masks. If the local or state governments have more restrictive standards (including mandatory masking or requiring proof of vaccination) at the time of our institutes, we will follow those standards.
- Social Distancing. We are working with the event venue to hold all sessions in the largest possible rooms with seating as far apart as possible. In order to accomplish this, we ask that you select in advance the sessions you plan to attend in-person at the event venue. This will assist us with room and seating arrangements.
- Outdoor Events. Where possible, we will use outdoor spaces for networking events and smaller sessions.
- Hand Sanitation. Hand sanitation stations are available throughout the event venue and hand sanitizer is included in your registration materials, courtesy of our partner, Qualifacts+Credible.
- Virtual Sessions. Every session will be partially or fully available in a virtual capacity:
- We are livestreaming via GoToWebinar our plenary sessions – keynote addresses and plenary panels. You can participate online from your hotel room (or from your home office if you can’t attend on-site). We will be accepting questions from both the onsite and online audiences.
- Each executive seminar is being offered at two separate times, one live at the event venue and the other exclusively for virtual attendees.
- We are recording the audio for each session – and will post the audio along with presentation materials after each session.
- A virtual exhibit hall will be available with access to all exhibitor contact information, product demos, and engagement opportunities.
We will continue to monitor any changes in the CDC recommendations for the continued safety of the public. If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to reach out to a member of our team at email@example.com or by phone at 877-350-6463. We look forward to seeing you at The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute.
Chief Executive Officer