Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Job Code: SES01
Salary/wage Grade: E-10
Labor Type: Full Time
This is an exciting position with Brevard Family Partnership (BFP), a community organization whose mission and vision it is to protect children, strengthen families and change lives through the prevention of child abuse and the operation and management of a comprehensive, integrated, community-based system of care for abused, abandoned and neglected children and their families. BFP is dedicated to providing a system of care that is family centered, strength-based and community driven. We believe that all children have the absolute right to grow up safe, healthy and fulfilled n families where they are loved and nurtured.
Position Summary: This position will serve as a member of the BFP Sr. Executive Team to propose, develop, communicate, execute, and ensure the sustainability of all BFP SOC strategic initiatives. This position will function as an internal consultant focused on strategy formulation and execution to ensure an environment of excellence exists across the BFP family of agencies. This position will assess opportunity for growth and development of the Family of Agencies and draft proposals and RFP’s as well as design and execute capacity building plans. The SEOS will proactively monitor overall performance in an integrated manner and ensure systems and processes are in place to measure qualitative and quantitative outcomes. Under the direction of the CEO, the SEOS position will lead, guide and direct all strategic activities identified by the CEO, Board and Sr. Executive team. This position will oversee the establishment of an automated outcome measurement system and will work collaboratively with providers to fully implement benchmarking. It will establish integrated use of Mindshare predicative analytics to report and drive system improvement. This position will integrate all data collected by and accessible to BFP. Using the result oriented accountability system approach this position will work with the Executive team members to recommend and develop policies, practices and systems to implement, monitor, track, achieve and report outcomes in accordance with the DCF contract and Legislative intent.
- Best Practices: Research and use best practices in order to achieve effective project implementation and outcomes.
- Focus on long-term impact and sustainability-Essential Function: Lead organization in current and emerging business opportunities, entrepreneurial ventures. Involve stakeholders to provide trends, client needs, and local and state level data and individuals. Identify emerging trends in the human services field. Conduct environmental scanning, identify and report on external threats and opportunities. Provide data and critical information on trends, and changes in service improvement. Explore initiatives and opportunities to enhance the organization’s mid to long term social impact.
- Continuous Improvements: Utilize established procedures for customer audit, identify defects, and propose improvement in order to recognize and resolve problems early and take immediate action.
- Define Engagement and Project Specifications: Define engagement/project objectives in order to set engagement and project scope and select the appropriate solution approach.
- Monitors Plans and Schedules: Utilize project scheduling tools when appropriate (i.e., CPM, MS Project, Gantt) in order to track, document, and control project plans, schedules, and changes. Develop dashboard metrics with staff. Test assumptions, actions, performance against goals. Evaluate and report progress of programs against strategy plan goals. Develop and monitor performance effectiveness measures. Lead agency’s performance management predictive analytics, dashboards, benchmarks, outcome goals. Develop integrated systems to monitor and drive performance to establish an environment of excellence. Identify indicators of success across the SOC. Lead and monitor all cross-departmental strategic initiatives. Align program benchmarks with agency’s strategic imperatives. Mobilize and manage teams charged with executing strategies.
- Project Infrastructure: Set up facilities, technologies, and project standards in order to establish the people, process, and technology infrastructure for the engagement.
- Resource Management: Develop and implements manpower schedules, utilizing layout drawings, and project plans, in order to proactively ensure that people resources, with the right talents, are able to achieve the project objectives.
- Service/Total Quality: Apply service/total quality systems and procedures in order to identify and resolve issues that may hinder the successful completion of the engagement/project.
- Computer Literacy: Transcribe, format, input, and edit information or data in order to create letters, documents, spreadsheets, and graphic presentations.
- Database Administration: Record and update customer account information on computer database in order to open and maintain customer accounts.
- Program Evaluation: Test new programs; compare programs with established standards; make modifications in order to confirm program capabilities and specifications.
- Business Plans/Objectives/Strategies: Identify short- and long-range issues that must be addressed and develop options in order to develop business plans, objectives, and strategies. Serve as a consultant across BFP and the SOC to ensure integration of projects, systems, data, priorities, etc. to increase broad cohesion of strategic initiatives. Involve all stakeholders with strategic plan development and implementation. Establish a strategic culture within the organization.
- Business Process Analysis: Act as liaison with specified user areas and confer with users to define business processes for systems application and integration.
- Change Strategies/Plans: Assess organizational performance and direction in order to implement change strategies and plans.
- Establish Project Objectives/Plans: Analyze project proposals, negotiate and monitor outcomes, timeframes, funding, and resources in order to establish project objectives/plans.
- Executive Leadership: Responsible for the operations of the organization, the delegation of responsibility with the organization and the establishment of formal means of accountability in order to ensure meeting all business objectives in a cost effective manner.
- Management Processes and Systems: Assess process and system performance, diagnose problems, and recommend courses of action in order to improve management processes, systems, and organizational results.
- Organizational and Process Assessments: Study clarity of mission, strategy, objectives, priorities, division of work, accountabilities, and communication systems in order to improve organizational results.
- Strategic Plan Development-Essential Function: Develop and recommend all SOC strategic Initiatives and goals into actionable and quantitative plans incorporating all performance areas and develop processes to quantify and improve performance. Drive key strategic initiatives from inception through sustainability across the SOC. Assist, facilitate, contribute to developing a strategic plan, with CEO/Sr. Executive of Compliance, Executive Leadership, Board.
- Strategic Projects: Leads strategic projects in order to ensure “fast-track” to market/operational environment.
- System and Process Development: Develop and integrate new systems and processes in order to enable growth objectives of the business.
- Represents BFP in official capacity as needed: Communicate strategic vision to all stakeholders, the community, employees, partners, clients. Represent BFP in official capacity as needed to implement BFP’s strategy internally and externally so that all employees, partners, and contractors understand the company-wide strategic plan and how it supports the SOC overall goals. Prior experience with public speaking and effectively working with key stakeholders, community leaders and public is required to engage, collaborate and drive improvement and advocacy.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, code, etc.: This is required to ensure that all elements of the system of care are in compliance with federal and state law as well as Florida Statute and Administrative Code.
- Other duties as required: Job performance requires fulfilling other incidental or related duties as assigned, assisting and training others, and performing duties of higher rated positions from time to time for developmental purposes.
- Strategic Perspective: Able to develop long-term, big picture strategies to enhance competitiveness; recognize broad implications of issues; balance and integrate strategic vision with day-to-day activities.
- Analyzing: Able to break down problems and information in order to systematically identify the cause of problems or make recommendations; gather information from multiple sources; analyze complex information; organize information for analysis.
- Analytical Problem Resolution: Able to use systematic techniques to define problems, options, and solutions; evaluate alternative solutions; solve technical problems using logic.
- Prioritizing: Able to quickly focus on what is important; establish a sequence of tasks and completion dates; set priorities and allocate time and resources when faced with competing demands.
- Team Work: Able to share ideas and learn from others to build consensus; assist others to achieve team goals; contribute in meetings so they are productive; challenge status quo to achieve excellence.
- Diligence: Able to persevere in accomplishing tasks or objectives; commit to long hours of work; do everything possible to reach goals; have a sense of urgency about getting results.
- Sensitivity: Work effectively with and show sensitivity to cultural differences and various socio-economic backgrounds of others.
- Ethics: Adhere to and model principles and values of Agency and System of Care by being strength-based,solution-focused, maintains highest level of integrity and ethical standards and work collaboratively with employees, partners, stakeholders and clients in all interactions.
- Leadership: Able to motivate others to take personal responsibility; mobilize people to face, define, and solve problems; develop capacity of others to adapt to change; lead past status quo to achieve new levels of excellence or change.
- Team Building: Able to develop team effort; confront negative attitudes to build commitment and morale; get factions with competing perspectives to learn from one another; integrate efforts and talents of team members.
- Continuous Learning: Able to apply continuous learning principles to own development; seek opportunities to expand knowledge, skills, and abilities; keep up with changes in discipline or technology; identify and change personal behaviors that contribute to problems.
- Adaptable: Able to adjust approach when dealing with arrogant or inflexible people; adapt to changes in situation, direction, or people; adjust to needs of others without losing self-esteem.
- Expertise in strategic plan design: Expertise in strategic plan design, development, monitoring, evaluation, data analytics and process improvement solutions to identify and improve areas of performance to create an environment of excellence is essential to this role.
- Strong working knowledge of management strategies: A strong working knowledge of management strategies, data analytics, customer relations, and implementation of new technologies is required.
- Prior experience with public speaking: This position requires prior experience with public speaking and effectively working with key stakeholders, community leaders and the public.
- Leadership management and collaboration: Strong decision making skills, influence, diplomacy and the determination to see projects through to the end are critical components for the successful incumbent. The ability to work well with groups and independently is critical.
- Superior skills in MS Office: This position will need to create graphs, spreadsheets, executive summaries, power point presentation and data.
- Superior written communication, engagement, presentation: Willing to challenge the standard thinking with new ideas, innovations, new approaches, and new solutions using effective and proven change management strategies, engagement and presentation skills.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- MA/MS/MBA – Business Administration, Public Policy or Human Service required
- 7+ years in Child Welfare/Human Services required
- 5+ years in Sr. Leadership position with a dynamic growth organization preferred.
- Color Determination
I have read the official job description for the position identified above specifying the knowledge, skills and abilities required in addition to physical requirements and the work environment. I further certify that I am able to perform the essential functions as identified in the job description for this position with, or without reasonable accommodation.
Employee Name (Printed) Date _______________________________________
Employee Signature _______________________________________
Supervisor Name (Printed) Date _______________________________________
Supervisor Signature _______________________________________
To apply for this position, please contact:
Human Resources Manager
Brevard Family Partnership
2301 W. Eau Gallie Blvd., Suite #104
Melbourne, FL 32935
Office: 321-752-4650, Ext. 3007