Location: Anywhere from Miami to Vero Beach, FL
Scope: Will oversee South Florida region (Miami Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Indian River, St. Lucie, and Martin counties)
How to learn more and apply: Online at https://careers-chsfl.icims.com/jobs/4238/senior-vice-president-of-operations/job
In your role as the Senior Vice President of Operations, you’ll provide strategic leadership to CHS’s business growth and operations for South Florida, encompassing Broward, Miami-Dade, Palm Beach and Treasure Coast counties. Accountable for about $30M in annual revenue and reporting to the CHS Chief Operating Officer, your job will be to develop and execute on tactics that move the needle on CHS’s strategic direction in business development, solutions delivery, financial independence and most importantly, our talent advantage.
- Business development and growth to achieve financial independence
- Leadership development and succession to have the talent advantage
- Program operations oversight to support our field
- Functional leadership to be and be known as the solutions provider
To succeed in this position, you’ll have to have:
- An exceptional knowledge of the South Florida area and its resources, including local partners in Child Welfare, Human Services, and Social Services, with a focus on children and families.
- Strong savvy in business development and administration, along with excellent planning, management and organizational skills.
- Extraordinary communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills as you’ll be doing a lot of coalition building, advocacy and fund-raising with local boards across the state.
- Strong coaching and performance management skills so that you can accomplish organizational goals through your direct reports.
- Focused commitment to Our Common Bond Values of Caring, Integrity, Respect, Commitment, Leadership and Excellence, while demonstrating empathy and a positive approach to embracing change.
You’ll need a Master’s Degree in Social Work or a Human Services-related field or equivalent experience, with at least 7 years of experience in nonprofit executive leadership supported by a proven track record of financial and operational results.
As the leading, most reputable organization in Florida serving children and families, Children’s Home Society of Florida delivers innovative solutions that transform the lives and futures of children and families. When children and families face complex challenges, Children’s Home Society of Florida (CHS) is there – we been delivering the right solutions at the right time since 1902. With our innovative practices and commitment to excellence, we are the only organization with the size, scope and depth of services that can reshape the future for children. With more than 1,800 team members, CHS is the #1 provider of services and solutions to children and families in Florida.