The Delaware Department of Health and Social Services, Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health is looking for an experienced behavioral health administrator for its Director of the Delaware Psychiatric Center (DPC) position. The Director will work with experienced treatment teams comprised of professionals from all disciplines including psychiatry, medicine, nursing, social work and psychology. This position will ensure appropriate care for the patients of this mental health hospital, in a rapidly changing treatment environment. Among those changes are expanding services that focus on recovery and self-empowerment. This position will be part of an Executive team with oversight responsibilities for the public behavioral health system for the state of Delaware.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Possession a Master’s Degree or higher in a healthcare-related field, such as Nursing, Psychology, Social Work, Public Health, or Public Administration.
- Licensed clinician
- Successful administrative experience in directing a like mental health facility.
- Experience with accreditation, preferably Joint Commission Accreditation of Hospital Organizations.
- Experience developing and implementing performance improvement models.
- Experience working with both contractors and employed staff
- Knowledge of the development of operating and capital budget requests and for overseeing and monitoring implementation of approved budgets.
- Knowledge of hospital operations
Please send a letter of interest and attached resume to George Braunstein, Interim DPC Director at George.Braunstein@state.de.us