Business Development Director – Technology Firm in Behavioral Health and Human Services
For more than two decades, IMA Systems (IMA) has been devoted to one thing: Providing EHR / Practice Management software that makes it easy for behavioral health agencies in New York to meet every one of the state’s very demanding requirements – as well as all the requirements of the federal government. As those involved in behavioral health know, the regulations and requirements of NY State are changing constantly. Those who, like us, have their finger on the pulse of that change know more changes are coming, and the rate of change is increasing. IMA is seeking a seasoned, motivated and committed individual to join its teams as the Director of Business Development.
The Business Development Director is a senior/executive position within the company, and reports to the Chief Executive Officer. The role includes:
- Working with the internal team and external marketing resources/consultants to improve IMA’s market position
- Identifying business opportunities
- Negotiating and closing business deals
- Maintaining extensive knowledge of current market conditions
The main duties of the Business Development Director have two components: New Business Development & Business Development Planning.
For New Business Development, the Director is to prospect for new clients by:
- Networking, cold calling, advertising, or other means of generating interest from potential clients within IMA’s market and geographic area
- Identifying potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization
- Planning persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company
- Meeting potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging existing networks, and building/maintaining relationships with the new clients
- Proposal development and pricing
For Business Development Planning, the Director is responsible for strategic planning in order to develop the pipeline of new business coming into the company. This will require an in-depth, working knowledge of the market:
- Current and future target markets
- Solutions & services the company can provide
Competitors Additional responsibilities will include:
- Attending industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and providing feedback on market and creative trends.
- Presenting to, and consult with, mid- and senior-level management on business trends, with insight into developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identifying opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Identifying and developing the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- BA/BS in business administration, psychology, or marketing
- 5 years of proven sales and business development experience in health, behavioral health or human services is required. Experience may be substituted for education on a case-by-case basis
- Home location should have proximity to New York City; candidate is expected (when not visiting clients) to be in office 8 to 20 hours per week or as needed
IMA offers a competitive salary and incentive bonus/commission plan that rewards performance based on contribution to the bottom line.
Applicants should submit cover letter and credentials to:
Barry Samel, CEO
32 Broadway, Suite 614
New York, NY 10004