Magellan Health is a leader in managing the fastest growing, most complex areas of health, including special populations, complete pharmacy benefits and other specialty areas of healthcare. Magellan supports innovative ways of accessing better health through technology, while remaining focused on the critical personal relationships that are necessary to achieve a healthy, vibrant life. Magellan’s customers include health plans and other managed care organizations, employers, labor unions, various military and governmental agencies and third-party administrators. For more information, visit MagellanHealth.com.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Vice President, Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Seniority Level: Executive
Industry: Hospital & Health Care, Mental Health Care
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Functions: General Business, Management
To Apply: See Website
This position is responsible for directly overseeing all fiscal and administrative operations, including the areas of finance, human resources, customer service, claims payment and billing, information technology and reporting. Responsible for the overall management of the service center, including development of policy and procedure, management of community support delivery system within budgetary goals, and coordination of relationships with the state, plan members and members in care, participating providers, partners and the community.
- Directly oversees all fiscal and administrative operations, including the areas of finance, human resources, customer service, claims payment and billing, information technology and reporting. Has authority to commit to expenditures within the authority delegated by leadership.
- Leads business operations which includes collaborating with the clinical and program staffs to ensure that high quality services are delivered within budget, that system principles are supported with financial resources; and determining information technology requirements and overseeing plans and budgets for implementation, production and operation.
- Has responsibility and authority over all daily administrative and fiscal operations. This includes decision-making authority for controlling fiscal expenditures and ensuring that operations support system requirements.
- Oversees all areas of human resources with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and dismissal; ensures adequate training and orientation of new staff and ongoing professional development of existing staff. Ensures adherence to human resources policies and procedures.
- Bachelors in Business Administration, Healthcare Management, Psychology, Social Welfare or related field.
- Excellent analytical, planning, problem solving, decision-making, presentation, communication, negotiation skills required.
- Ability to accomplish high-level interface effectively with external clients as well as intra-department contacts.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Proven ability to effectively manage large teams and multiple sites.
- Minimum of 10-15 years management experience, with at least 7-10 years in a production office environment and/or healthcare required.