JOB TITLE: Community Relations Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
This is a full time, salaried (40 hours a week) position with PTO bank starting immediately and health benefits after 60 days of employment.
PHILOSOPHY OF SERVICES ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:
This job carries with it the obligation to fulfill Mosaic’s mission of providing a life of possibilities for people with intellectual disabilities. As One Mosaic, all staff members work together to provide the people Mosaic supports with a meaningful life in a caring community, ensuring they have a voice to share their needs and desires and to advocate for their rights. This job also carries the responsibility to be a good steward of our human and financial resources to create an environment committed to Mosaic’s values of safety, respect, connection and integrity. Staff members are also responsible for demonstrating Mosaic’s 7 Essential Practices of Leadership as it applies to their position. A commitment to this philosophy of services should be demonstrated as job duties are performed.
Coordinate a community relations plan to engage and attract interest in Mosaic’s mission and services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Develop and implement a comprehensive community awareness plan which includes building external partnerships and sharing stories of Mosaic’s work to support and advance the mission.
2. Recruit and manage volunteer teams to support and advance Mosaic’s mission.
3. Develop church relations activities to enhance awareness and establish contacts throughout the local faith community.
4. Identify donor prospects, cultivate relationships and solicit gifts.
5. Develop and maintain an updated agency needs list in coordination with local agency staff.
6. Work with national office support staff to research, prepare and submit grant proposals and applications to funding sources.
7. Collaborate to create print and online promotional materials.
8. Support agency fundraising activities as needed.
9. Collect data and maintain agency contact lists.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of Company policies and procedures.
2. Knowledge of and ability to demonstrate Mosaic’s 7 Essential Practices of Leadership.
3. Knowledge of current communication principles, media and public relations techniques.
4. Strong relationship-building skills.
5. Strong planning and organizational skills.
6. Ability to operate standard office equipment.
7. Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
8. Ability to develop and conduct presentations.
9. Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
10. Ability to travel and work flexible hours.
11. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
12. Ability to manage and train volunteers.
13. Ability to communicate effectively in a professional and courteous manner.
14. Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituents.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, public relations, communications or a related field. Minimum of two years of experience in a similar position. Previous experience with grant writing and volunteer management preferred.
**NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. From time to time other duties may be assigned.
Interested candidates may apply here: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/nghome.guid?c=1076241&d=ExternalCareerSite&prc=RMPOD1&r=5000589488906#/
For more information, contact:
Shanda Hiatt, Talent Acquisition Coordinator