JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse – Pontiac, Illinois: This is a full time, hourly (35 hours a week) position with PTO bank starting immediately and health benefits after 60 days of employment.
Registered Nurse – Forest City, Iowa: This is a full time, hourly (35 hours a week) position with PTO bank starting immediately and health benefits after 60 days of employment.
PHILOSOPHY OF SERVICES ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:
This job carries with it the obligation to fulfill Mosaic’s mission of providing a life of possibilities for people with intellectual disabilities. As One Mosaic, all staff members work together to provide the people Mosaic supports with a meaningful life in a caring community, ensuring they have a voice to share their needs and desires and to advocate for their rights. This job also carries the responsibility to be a good steward of our human and financial resources to create an environment committed to Mosaic’s values of safety, respect, connection and integrity. Staff members are also responsible for demonstrating Mosaic’s 7 Essential Practices of Leadership as it applies to their position. A commitment to this philosophy of services should be demonstrated as job duties are performed.
Provides nursing assessments and monitors all medical/psychiatric issues of people served to support comprehensive health care.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Coordinate physician and healthcare services for people served by overseeing appointment scheduling and ensuring appropriate follow up.
2. Conduct health care assessments and write health care plans for people served.
3. Maintain and review healthcare records of persons served to monitor pertinent issues and provide thorough documentation, written or electronic, including preparation of related reports.
4. Facilitate the training and orientation of new staff regarding healthcare procedures and delegation of nursing tasks.
5. Provide and oversee training for direct support staff to properly administer medications to meet Mosaic policies and the licensing requirements of the state or agency.
6. Oversee and maintain inventory of necessary medications and healthcare supplies for people served.
7. Attend agency meetings and trainings as required.
8. Complete the coordination and process of training delegated nursing tasks such as medication administration and supervision.
9. Establish working relationships with community healthcare services, nutrition services and behavior specialists to provide quality care.
10. Provide on call assistance to staff as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of Company policies and procedures.
2. Knowledge of and ability to demonstrate Mosaic’s 7 Essential Practices of Leadership.
3. Knowledge of state medical regulations and procedures.
4. Knowledge of nursing practices and health care procedures.
5. Skill in training and communicating medical procedures.
6. Skill in administering CPR and first aid.
7. Skill in using a computer.
8. Decision making skills.
9. Ability to communicate effectively in a courteous and professional manner.
10. Ability to read and understand policies and procedures.
11. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
12. Ability to read medical records and related information.
13. Ability to maintain accurate and timely documentation.
14. Ability to use a telephone.
15. Ability to adapt to changing demands.
16. Ability to stoop, kneel and lift to complete assigned tasks.
17. Ability to work flexible hours.
18. Ability to work with people with intellectual disabilities.
19. Ability to drive.
20. Ability to maintain a patient and positive attitude.
21. Ability to work on-call as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors of Science in Nursing, or the degree required based on State and agency definitions. Minimum of two years of general nursing experience required. State nursing license required.
**NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all performed by employees assigned to this position. From time to time other duties may be assigned.
Interested candidates may apply here for Pontiac, Illinois: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/nghome.guid?c=1076241&d=ExternalCareerSite&prc=RMPOD1&r=5000589483606
Interested candidates may apply here for Forest City, Iowa: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/nghome.guid?c=1076241&d=ExternalCareerSite&prc=RMPOD1&r=5000604999506
For more information, contact:
Shanda Hiatt, Talent Acquisition Coordinator