Reports to: CEO Band: Division:
Job Code: NCIE03 Salary/wage Grade: E-8 Status: Exempt
Labor Type: Full Time
This is an exciting new position with a National Organization whose mission and vision it is to transform sustainable systems of care to produce measurable results and positive outcomes for the children and families served. The National Center For Innovation & Excellence (NCFIE) is dedicated to developing youth, strengthening families and building strong communities by developing resources, delivering services, providing technical assistance, consultation and training. The NCFIE serves as a central hub for innovation and excellence and evidence based practice model development with a focus on High Fidelity Wraparound and Systems of Care.
Position Summary: The NCFIE Consultant Trainer position is a highly independent leadership position responsible for conducting Wraparound Training and Certification and the delivery of nationwide technical assistance and consultation services. This position requires a seasoned Wraparound and System of Care Professional who will provide implementation and early adoption support to communities of practice and play a lead role as Project Director with the C.A.R.E.S. National Replication sites. This position requires an innovative leader who possesses competency in curriculum development; comfort with delivery of training using web based training platforms, and one who is analytical and skilled with project management, execution and delivering results. The position requires a candidate with a successful background in child, youth and family services, proposal writing and extensive experience with program development.
The Consultant Trainer will design and develop curriculum and perform tasks associated with identifying development needs, creating and delivering required training and other solutions as identified to promote the mission and vision of the NCFIE.
- Training Delivery – Essential Function: Coordination and Delivery of high fidelity Wraparound training and curriculum development in order to create a positive learning experience.
- Instruction/Facilitation of Learning – Essential Function: Identify learning objectives; select and deliver instructional methodologies in order to facilitate learning and development. Design and develop new curriculum to address the training needs of Wraparound and SOC partners. Be results oriented and able to work highly independently.
- Technical Assistance & Consultation – Essential Function: Assess core competencies of individuals, agencies and systems to design tools and training to coach, lead and guide those served to become proficient in wraparound and SOC.
- Instructional Technologies: Attend workshops, review professional publications, and participate in professional societies to maintain up-to-date knowledge of instructional technologies, research and best practices and knowledge transfer. Use knowledge acquisition to write and publish and advance the mission and vision of the NCFIE.
- Training Fulfillment and Needs analysis: Ensure required trainings are conducted as scheduled. Ensure a high level of satisfaction and knowledge acquisition. Work with leadership to identify opportunities for training and model development based on agency and market needs, interests and opportunities.
- Advanced project management skills: Strong writing skills, proposal and abstract development, budget development, and implementation planning and assessment skills.
- Other duties as required: Job performance requires fulfilling other incidental or related duties as assigned, assisting and training others, and performing duties of higher rated positions from time to time for developmental purposes.
- Facilitation: Is seasoned in large and small group facilitation using adaptive and technical approaches to change management. Is persuasive, influential and able to lead, guide and direct teams, systems and communities of practice to produce positive results.
- Relationship Development: Is a highly regarded well respected influential leader who fosters system change. Is able to relate to others while building credibility and rapport; is culturally sensitive and competent leader who puts others at ease; builds cooperative relationships and understands and responds to complex needs and issues with ease.
- Mediation: Is able to approach complex issues diplomatically, fosters strong partnerships and positive results. Able to demonstrate respect and treat others in an honest and straightforward manner; keep dealings with others confidential; trustworthy and follows through on commitments.
- Integrity: Is highly ethical, demonstrates sound business practices; is a team player and consistently complies with organizational values.
- Self-Control: Able to maintain a composed problem-solving approach when faced with unrealistic expectations, pressing time demands, frustration, or interpersonal conflict.
- Sensitivity: Work effectively with and demonstrates sensitivity and competency to adapt to the cultural differences and various socio-economic backgrounds of others.
- Ethics: Adheres to and models principles and values of the Agency and System of Care by being strength-based, solution-focused, maintains highest level of integrity and ethical standards and work collaboratively with employees, partners, stakeholders and clients in all interactions.
- Extensive and documented Wraparound Program Management, Wraparound & SOC Leadership, Training Consultation Experience – Essential Function: Required in order to serve in this role. Five years’ experience in advanced high level leadership position.
- Experience in model development, program design implementation, evidence based practices, training, technical assistance and consultation: This experience is needed to assure successful and meaningful program development that will provide the skills needed to replicate an independent wraparound model.
- Develop, design and prepares curricula: This business experience is required in order to meet the needs of the training role.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills: This business experience is required in order to effectively train a wide variety of training curriculums and write effective summaries, reports and curriculums.
- Research best practice models in human services: This business experience is required in order to effectively design, deliver and provide effective and credible training technical assistance and consultation and to contribute to the field of research through publication.
- Knowledge of instructional design and learning modalities: This business experience is required in order to understand how to create, present and promote training curriculum to different learners through various mediums.
- Valid Driver’s License – Essential Function: Required in order to travel nationwide.
The compensation package consists of a base salary and performance-based incentive payment model through attainment of clearly defined deliverables.
This position requires up to 50% travel.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- BA/BS – Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Social Work, Business Administration or Management or equivalent required.
- MA/MS – Master’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
- 7 years of High Fidelity Wraparound direct service, supervisory and training experience required.
- 10 years of High Fidelity Wraparound direct service, supervisory and training experience preferred.
- 5 years advanced high level leadership experience required.
- 5 to 8 years related consultation and implementation experience preferred.
- Non-profit experience preferred.
To apply for this position, visit the NCFIE website at http://ncfie.net/about-us/employment-opportunities/.