Would you like to make a difference? OPEN MINDS is the premier market research and management consulting firm specializing in those who serve complex consumers. OPEN MINDS’ mission is to provide payers and provider organizations serving those consumers with complex health and human service needs with the market and management knowledge needed to improve their organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
The Senior Proposal Writer position is responsible for researching, writing, organizing ideas, and creating proposals designed to showcase OPEN MINDS capabilities and lead customers to purchase the proposed services. Excellent research skills and the ability to write persuasively and articulately are essential, along with a keen understanding of project management and breaking a project down into steps and milestones. Additional duties may include developing other business development materials, conducting interviews and reviewing products or services.
The Senior Proposal Writer develops professional quality proposals in a variety of formats to include but not be limited to Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Working closely with our business development, marketing, market intelligence, and consulting teams, the proposal coordinator will respond to proposal writing needs in a professional, timely and credible manner. This position is expected to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, to achieve deadlines, and produce compelling, professional quality documents which will aid in securing business.
The successful candidate will have excellent written communication skills, good knowledge of the health and human service field and some knowledge of general business practices and concepts. The scope of the position also includes outreach to clients, internal and external, as necessary to ensure accurate and professional proposal development.
Typical duties include:
- Production of high-caliber proposals which aid in retaining and growing OPEN MINDS sales and profitability
- Consulting and working with OPEN MINDS team members and customers to design proposal documents and related business development documents aimed at achieving OPEN MINDS development goals
- Conducting market research to provide contextual background for OPEN MINDS proposals
- Preparation of weekly and monthly status reports on all proposal activities.
- Can work out of our office located in Gettysburg, PA, or be fully remote with uninterrupted internet access
- Is a full-time, salaried position with growth potential
- Includes full benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Is eligible to participate in a comprehensive 401(k) program