We are looking for a web developer to add to our team! We are seeking a full-stack WordPress developer with experience writing custom themes and plug-ins. Candidate should also have a passion for clean, performant code – no Bootstrap required. Developer will assist with both client work and internal work as needed. This is a full-time, remote position in a fast-paced marketing and consulting agency which will report to our VP, Web Services. Full benefits and the availability to participate in a comprehensive 401k program is also included.
- Develop, troubleshoot, and optimize plugins and themes for our internal sites and our external customers
- Work collaboratively and proactively with other developers and internal stakeholders to make sure projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Ensure code meets internal quality expectations and is compliant with WordPress code standards
- Ability to juggle competing deadlines and multiple priorities
- Gulp (or experience with similar build tools, ie, Grunt or Webpack)
- Proficiency in utilizing optimization tools (such as lighthouse) to gauge and correct performance and accessibility issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience testing code across browsers and operating systems to insure correct rendering / graceful degradation in browsers that lack feature support
- Familiarity with Gutenberg
- Experience with security as it pertains to WordPress applications (code sanitization and escaping, best practices, etc.)
Please email Laird Sapir, VP Web Development, at email@example.com, with your resume. **Resumes should include code samples and/or github repository links or they will not be reviewed.