Bruce Gorman, MCRP, brings over 35 years of leadership experience in optimizing profitable business development initiatives in the health and human services industry to the OPEN MINDS team. His areas of expertise include business strategy development, operations administration, network development, contract management, and market analysis.
Before joining OPEN MINDS, Mr. Gorman served as Vice President of Business Development for Magellan Healthcare. In this role, he supported sales and business development initiatives through strategic planning, proposal management, and market analysis for both government and health plan Medicaid care management services.
Prior to his role with Magellan, he served as Director of Business Development for MHM Services, Inc. and previously the Senior Vice President for OptumHealth (a division of the United Health Group). In this role, he was responsible for the integration and development of the new public sector sales and account management team for OptumHealth and generated over $400 million in sales in a three-year period.
Previously, Mr. Gorman served as Director of Business Development for Comprehensive Neuroscience, where he was responsible for business development and account management for a behavioral pharmacy disease management program. In this capacity, he contributed to new care and pharmacy product development and successful product growth from approximately 2M to 16M members.
Mr. Gorman has also served as Chief Executive Officer for Emerge Health, a healthcare consulting and communications firm in Berkeley, California. In this role, he led a team of consultants, subcontractors, and administrative personnel in the delivery of consulting services to large- and medium-sized companies, health plans, behavioral health organizations, government agencies, foundations, and not-for-profits, with full operating and P&L responsibility.
COVID-19 Risk Management Plan August 11, 2021
We are excited to return to sunny southern California for The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute at the picturesque Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa, August 23-26, 2021. To help plan your in-person attendance, visit https://openminds.com/live-mbpi/ for a schedule of events happening throughout the week.
The resurgence of the COVID Delta variant has certainly created new challenges for the country and for our families. Fortunately, the available COVID vaccinations have been very successful in preventing symptomatic infections and illness. But I did want to let you know that our team at OPEN MINDS is committed to making our executive events as safe as possible and have an active risk management plan in place. I wanted to share with you the key elements of our plan:
- Masking. Every participant will receive a mask as part of their registration materials. Unvaccinated people will be required to wear masks – and vaccinated attendees will be encouraged to wear masks. If the local or state governments have more restrictive standards (including mandatory masking or requiring proof of vaccination) at the time of our institutes, we will follow those standards.
- Social Distancing. We are working with the event venue to hold all sessions in the largest possible rooms with seating as far apart as possible. In order to accomplish this, we ask that you select in advance the sessions you plan to attend in-person at the event venue. This will assist us with room and seating arrangements.
- Outdoor Events. Where possible, we will use outdoor spaces for networking events and smaller sessions.
- Hand Sanitation. Hand sanitation stations are available throughout the event venue and hand sanitizer is included in your registration materials, courtesy of our partner, Qualifacts+Credible.
- Virtual Sessions. Every session will be partially or fully available in a virtual capacity:
- We are livestreaming via GoToWebinar our plenary sessions – keynote addresses and plenary panels. You can participate online from your hotel room (or from your home office if you can’t attend on-site). We will be accepting questions from both the onsite and online audiences.
- Each executive seminar is being offered at two separate times, one live at the event venue and the other exclusively for virtual attendees.
- We are recording the audio for each session – and will post the audio along with presentation materials after each session.
- A virtual exhibit hall will be available with access to all exhibitor contact information, product demos, and engagement opportunities.
We will continue to monitor any changes in the CDC recommendations for the continued safety of the public. If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to reach out to a member of our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 877-350-6463. We look forward to seeing you at The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute.
Chief Executive Officer