Jason Lippman brings over 15 years of executive experience in the health and human services field to the OPEN MINDS team, with expertise in health care strategy, public policy and government relations, managed care, and communications. Prior to his role with OPEN MINDS, Mr. Lippman served as the Vice President of Strategy & Development for Beacon Health Options. In this role, Mr. Lippman developed strategic relationships and solutions to facilitate new growth. He also identified opportunities to integrate physical and behavioral health services to improve both quality and affordability.
Before his time with Beacon Health Options, Mr. Lippman served as the Executive Vice President of The Coalition for Behavioral Health, a New York-state based behavioral health provider association. In that role, he was responsible for operations, development, financial management, and member services. Mr. Lippman also secured $263,000 to drive provider business transformation and established a Regional Addiction Resource Center and an e-learning system for over 6,000 users.
During his tenure at The Coalition for Behavioral Health, Mr. Lippman also served as Interim President and Chief Executive Officer. In this role, he developed and implemented a strategic restructuring plan that achieved 23% savings and realigned $1.5 million in contracted training programs into a center for excellence to maximize value and achieve operational efficiencies.
Prior to his role with The Coalition for Behavioral Health, Mr. Lippman was the Director of Public Policy & Government Relations for Amida Care, a New York City-based Medicaid health plan. In this role, Mr. Lippman served as the lead for Medicaid redesign strategies and delivery system reform initiatives. He secured a $500,000 DSRIP planning grant and over $100,000 in New York City Council funding for member-driven health and wellness programs.
Earlier in his career, Mr. Lippman served as a Director of Policy and Advocacy for The Coalition of Behavioral Health Agencies, where he advanced policy strategies to increase opportunities for membership under healthcare reform. Mr. Lippman’s efforts increased the number of advocates and members by more than 30%.
Mr. Lippman received a Master of Arts in Public Affairs and Policy from the Rockefeller College of Public Affairs and Policy at the University of Albany. He also received Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Binghamton University.
COVID-19 Risk Management Plan August 11, 2021
We are excited to return to sunny southern California for The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute at the picturesque Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa, August 23-26, 2021. To help plan your in-person attendance, visit https://openminds.com/live-mbpi/ for a schedule of events happening throughout the week.
The resurgence of the COVID Delta variant has certainly created new challenges for the country and for our families. Fortunately, the available COVID vaccinations have been very successful in preventing symptomatic infections and illness. But I did want to let you know that our team at OPEN MINDS is committed to making our executive events as safe as possible and have an active risk management plan in place. I wanted to share with you the key elements of our plan:
- Masking. Every participant will receive a mask as part of their registration materials. Unvaccinated people will be required to wear masks – and vaccinated attendees will be encouraged to wear masks. If the local or state governments have more restrictive standards (including mandatory masking or requiring proof of vaccination) at the time of our institutes, we will follow those standards.
- Social Distancing. We are working with the event venue to hold all sessions in the largest possible rooms with seating as far apart as possible. In order to accomplish this, we ask that you select in advance the sessions you plan to attend in-person at the event venue. This will assist us with room and seating arrangements.
- Outdoor Events. Where possible, we will use outdoor spaces for networking events and smaller sessions.
- Hand Sanitation. Hand sanitation stations are available throughout the event venue and hand sanitizer is included in your registration materials, courtesy of our partner, Qualifacts+Credible.
- Virtual Sessions. Every session will be partially or fully available in a virtual capacity:
- We are livestreaming via GoToWebinar our plenary sessions – keynote addresses and plenary panels. You can participate online from your hotel room (or from your home office if you can’t attend on-site). We will be accepting questions from both the onsite and online audiences.
- Each executive seminar is being offered at two separate times, one live at the event venue and the other exclusively for virtual attendees.
- We are recording the audio for each session – and will post the audio along with presentation materials after each session.
- A virtual exhibit hall will be available with access to all exhibitor contact information, product demos, and engagement opportunities.
We will continue to monitor any changes in the CDC recommendations for the continued safety of the public. If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to reach out to a member of our team at email@example.com or by phone at 877-350-6463. We look forward to seeing you at The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute.
Chief Executive Officer