John Seymour brings over 20 years of executive marketing experience in the health and human services field to the OPEN MINDS team. Prior to his role with OPEN MINDS, Mr. Seymour served as the Vice President of Corporate Development and Management for Meridian Behavioral Health.
During his time with Meridian, Mr. Seymour grew revenue +563% to $130 million through expansion of the corporate portfolio to over 30 programs in 5 states. He led launch plans for two new residential programs projected to drive $3 million+ in EBITDA. He also led the successful transformation of Douglas Place, now generating $2 million+ in EBITDA.
Prior to his work with Meridian, Mr. Seymour was the principal marketing consultant for Minneapolis-based rubber brand and senior business manager for Capella University. At Capella, he led an initiative to reposition Capella’s B2B program, resulting in double digit growth.
Mr. Seymour also brings to OPEN MINDS significant experience working with marketing and advertising agencies. He served as account supervisor at BBDO in Minneapolis and account executive at Foote, Cone & Belding in New York. His work with these agencies included overseeing the successful launch of Beauterre Recovery Institute, now a $50 million+ brand. He also helped to establish the New Jersey Anti-tobacco Program as a leading, award-winning program. Mr. Seymour also developed the multi-billion dollar INTELLATIP MIFI™ OI Ablation Catheter branding platform for Boston Scientific. Mr. Seymour also served as a brand manager for GlaxoSmithKline.
Mr. Seymour received a Master of Business Administration with a focus in marketing and strategic management from the University of Minnesota. He also earned a Bachelor of Arts in Economics with a focus in math from the University of Wisconsin–Madison.
COVID-19 Risk Management Plan August 11, 2021
We are excited to return to sunny southern California for The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute at the picturesque Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa, August 23-26, 2021. To help plan your in-person attendance, visit https://openminds.com/live-mbpi/ for a schedule of events happening throughout the week.
The resurgence of the COVID Delta variant has certainly created new challenges for the country and for our families. Fortunately, the available COVID vaccinations have been very successful in preventing symptomatic infections and illness. But I did want to let you know that our team at OPEN MINDS is committed to making our executive events as safe as possible and have an active risk management plan in place. I wanted to share with you the key elements of our plan:
- Masking. Every participant will receive a mask as part of their registration materials. Unvaccinated people will be required to wear masks – and vaccinated attendees will be encouraged to wear masks. If the local or state governments have more restrictive standards (including mandatory masking or requiring proof of vaccination) at the time of our institutes, we will follow those standards.
- Social Distancing. We are working with the event venue to hold all sessions in the largest possible rooms with seating as far apart as possible. In order to accomplish this, we ask that you select in advance the sessions you plan to attend in-person at the event venue. This will assist us with room and seating arrangements.
- Outdoor Events. Where possible, we will use outdoor spaces for networking events and smaller sessions.
- Hand Sanitation. Hand sanitation stations are available throughout the event venue and hand sanitizer is included in your registration materials, courtesy of our partner, Qualifacts+Credible.
- Virtual Sessions. Every session will be partially or fully available in a virtual capacity:
- We are livestreaming via GoToWebinar our plenary sessions – keynote addresses and plenary panels. You can participate online from your hotel room (or from your home office if you can’t attend on-site). We will be accepting questions from both the onsite and online audiences.
- Each executive seminar is being offered at two separate times, one live at the event venue and the other exclusively for virtual attendees.
- We are recording the audio for each session – and will post the audio along with presentation materials after each session.
- A virtual exhibit hall will be available with access to all exhibitor contact information, product demos, and engagement opportunities.
We will continue to monitor any changes in the CDC recommendations for the continued safety of the public. If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to reach out to a member of our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 877-350-6463. We look forward to seeing you at The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute.
Chief Executive Officer