Rob Hickernell, M.B.A. brings over 20 years of web site development and maintenance, digital marketing and reporting, data analytics, and conversion attribution experience to the OPEN MINDS team. Mr. Hickernell currently serves as a Senior Associate, leading projects related to website development and maintenance, digital marketing, website reporting, data analytics and conversion attribution and web site optimization, acquisition and retention.
Prior to joining OPEN MINDS Mr. Hickernell served as a Digital Marketing and Strategy Consultant for Live Oak Associates, LLC. In this role, Mr. Hickernell served as a consultant and advisor to digital B2B and B2C companies, creating and executing digital marketing strategies (search, social, mobile) by using data insights and analysis to solve business challenges.
Prior to serving as Digital Marketing and Strategy Consultant for Live Oak Associates, LLC, Hickernell served as Vice President, Search for AOL, Inc. in Dulles, VA. In this role Mr. Hickernell was responsible for strategic partnership management (Google, Bing), business development, revenue growth and data analytics of AOL’s search business which incorporates web/site search and content distribution across global web and mobile properties.
Previously, Mr. Hickernell served as the Director/ Sr. Director of Product Management for AOL, Inc. During his tenure Mr. Hickernell was the product marketing leader of AOL Search with focus on marketing partnerships, analytics and site optimization to drive revenue and traffic growth.
Mr. Hickernell has also served in a variety of other roles with AOL, Inc. including Principal Business Planning Manager, Program Director and Sr. Program Director. Mr. Hickernell received his Master of Business Administration with a concentration in marketing from the University of Baltimore, Merrick School of Business in Baltimore, Maryland. He earned his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in management from Towson State University in Baltimore, Maryland
COVID-19 Risk Management Plan August 11, 2021
We are excited to return to sunny southern California for The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute at the picturesque Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa, August 23-26, 2021. To help plan your in-person attendance, visit https://openminds.com/live-mbpi/ for a schedule of events happening throughout the week.
The resurgence of the COVID Delta variant has certainly created new challenges for the country and for our families. Fortunately, the available COVID vaccinations have been very successful in preventing symptomatic infections and illness. But I did want to let you know that our team at OPEN MINDS is committed to making our executive events as safe as possible and have an active risk management plan in place. I wanted to share with you the key elements of our plan:
- Masking. Every participant will receive a mask as part of their registration materials. Unvaccinated people will be required to wear masks – and vaccinated attendees will be encouraged to wear masks. If the local or state governments have more restrictive standards (including mandatory masking or requiring proof of vaccination) at the time of our institutes, we will follow those standards.
- Social Distancing. We are working with the event venue to hold all sessions in the largest possible rooms with seating as far apart as possible. In order to accomplish this, we ask that you select in advance the sessions you plan to attend in-person at the event venue. This will assist us with room and seating arrangements.
- Outdoor Events. Where possible, we will use outdoor spaces for networking events and smaller sessions.
- Hand Sanitation. Hand sanitation stations are available throughout the event venue and hand sanitizer is included in your registration materials, courtesy of our partner, Qualifacts+Credible.
- Virtual Sessions. Every session will be partially or fully available in a virtual capacity:
- We are livestreaming via GoToWebinar our plenary sessions – keynote addresses and plenary panels. You can participate online from your hotel room (or from your home office if you can’t attend on-site). We will be accepting questions from both the onsite and online audiences.
- Each executive seminar is being offered at two separate times, one live at the event venue and the other exclusively for virtual attendees.
- We are recording the audio for each session – and will post the audio along with presentation materials after each session.
- A virtual exhibit hall will be available with access to all exhibitor contact information, product demos, and engagement opportunities.
We will continue to monitor any changes in the CDC recommendations for the continued safety of the public. If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to reach out to a member of our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 877-350-6463. We look forward to seeing you at The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute.
Chief Executive Officer