OPEN MINDS helps executives of payers and health plans succeed in the high-cost, high-needs sectors of health and human services.
Based on our 30+ years of experience tracking the trends, spending data, reimbursement data, stakeholders, and market developments shaping the high-cost sectors of health care, OPEN MINDS offers a detailed understanding of the competitive marketplace and the expectations of purchasers. With on-the ground experience in senior leadership roles within health plans, public and private provider organizations, and government agencies, we’re uniquely able to provide our payer and insurer clients with real-world, actionable information and advice.
Over the past three decades, our support of payer organizations has spanned all areas of marketing, strategic planning, contracting, service development, and provider system improvement. Although our team and partners have deep policy expertise, the collective emphasis at OPEN MINDS is on the ‘implementation science’ behind making policy actually work ‘on-the-ground’. This unique approach allows us to help our clients build sustainable and successful strategies regardless of changing policies or administrations.
OPEN MINDS consultation and technical assistance capabilities for payer organizations include:
Market Research & Strategy
- Survey research
- Focus groups and key opinion leader interviews
- Advisory board development and management
- Competitor profiles
- Market size estimates and market opportunity assessment
- Marketing plan development and implementation
- Communications plan development and implementation
- Proposal writing support and financial modeling
- Program design, launch support, and local market outreach
- Proof of concept development and cost/benefit analysis
- Communications material development support
- Customer education event development and management
Provider System Improvement
- New contract implementation assistance
- Provider network development, including provider inventories, selection, and contract management
- Provider network performance analysis, evaluation, and optimization
- Assessment, development, and implementation of fee-for-service rates and value-based reimbursement contracts
- Providing education and technical assistance to participating provider organizations
Suggested OPEN MINDS market intelligence and executive education products and services for payer organizations include:
- The OPEN MINDS Circle: Keeping up with the latest developments in the health and human services can be daunting. Delivered to your inbox daily and available on our website anytime, the OPEN MINDS’ team of research analysts tracks policy changes, aggregates available data, and updates stakeholder information to help organization stay up-to-date. Through our suite of publications, we provides the practical management applications and best practice models that help organizations understand how to apply information to organizational strategy, allowing them to capitalize on new information (and opportunities) quickly and efficiently. Members access content from our market intelligence team and partner organizations via daily email content and a 24/7 curated and searchable website library platform.
- OPEN MINDS Executive Institute Series: With over 30 years of experience developing, hosting, and facilitating executive education programs, OPEN MINDS is the “go-to” source for market intelligence, management best practices, and strategy development for executives serving complex consumers. Our executive education events are designed to provide executives across the health and human service market the information they need to tackle new business challenges, improve decision-making, and maximize organizational profitability.Industry stakeholder databases – health plans, ACOs, behavioral care management, provider organizations, social service organizations, government agencies, and more.
Ready to discuss how OPEN MINDS can help support your organization?
OPEN MINDS up-to-the minute market intelligence combines with our expert team of senior associates, subject matter experts, and former executives to offer payer organizations and health plans a unique resource for improved decision-making. Contact us today to hear how we can help support your organizational objectives.