OPEN MINDS helps service provider organizations and health systems tackle business challenges, build sustainable strategies, and maximize organizational efficiencies.
For thirty years, OPEN MINDS has been pioneers for change – helping health systems and service provider organizations implement the transformational business practices they need to succeed in an evolving market with new policies and regulations. Leveraging a national team with on-the ground experience in senior leadership roles within public and private provider organizations, health plans, and government agencies, OPEN MINDS has the unique ability to not only understand the challenges facing provider organizations and health systems, but solve them.
That’s why over 20,000 provider organizations have turned to OPEN MINDS for the real-world, actionable guidance they need to navigate the evolving challenges of the health and human service market.
Whether through our award-winning market intelligence services, our five national executive education events each year, or direct consultation and technical assistance, OPEN MINDS provides provider organizations with the synthesis, practical application, and execution ‘know how’ for market success. Over the past three decades, our support of provider organizations has included nearly one thousand strategic planning engagements, hundreds of technology selection and implementation projects, and countless service line development initiatives. Currently, we’re supporting dozens of provider organizations with value-based purchasing initiatives, merger and acquisition planning, performance reporting, marketing, and more. Our most frequent consultation, education, and technical assistance projects with provider organizations and health systems include:
Strategic Planning & Operations Management
- Strategic planning facilitation, development and implementation
- Service line and portfolio analysis
- Merger and acquisition planning and implementation
- Policy assessment and implementation
- Operations analysis and reengineering
- Talent management support
Marketing Research, Market Planning, & Business Development
- Marketing plan development
- Market opportunity assessment and proposal writing
- Business development and referral development
- Web optimization and social media
- Service line development and implementation
- Fundraising plan development
- Proposal writing support
Financial Management & Risk Management
- Financial management support
- Risk management and compliance management
- Analysis of risk-based contract opportunities
- Compliance support program development and implementation
Technology & Information Management
- Performance reporting and metrics-based management support
- Technology functional analysis, selection, contracting, and implementation
- Information management support
Leadership & Governance Development
- Board performance optimization and recruitment
- Executive team coaching and succession planning
- Organizational structural analysis and executive team development
- Managerial/supervisory coaching and education
If you’re new to OPEN MINDS, we recommend starting with our most popular market intelligence and executive education services for provider organizations:
- The OPEN MINDS Circle: Keeping up with the latest developments in the health and human services can be daunting. Delivered to your inbox daily and available on our website anytime, the OPEN MINDS’ team of research analysts tracks policy changes, aggregates available data, and updates stakeholder information to help organization stay up-to-date. Through our suite of publications, we provides the practical management applications and best practice models that help organizations understand how to apply information to organizational strategy, allowing them to capitalize on new information (and opportunities) quickly and efficiently. Members access content from our market intelligence team and partner organizations via daily email content and a 24/7 curated and searchable website library platform.
- OPEN MINDS Executive Institute Series: With over 30 years of experience developing, hosting, and facilitating executive education programs, OPEN MINDS is the “go-to” source for market intelligence, management best practices, and strategy development for executives serving complex consumers. Our executive education events are designed to provide executives across the health and human service market the information they need to tackle new business challenges, improve decision-making, and maximize organizational profitability.Industry stakeholder databases – health plans, ACOs, behavioral care management, provider organizations, social service organizations, government agencies, and more.
Ready to discuss how OPEN MINDS can help support your organization?
OPEN MINDS team of senior associates, subject matter experts, and former CEO advisors, have the tools, resources, and demonstrated experience needed to tackle your organization’s unique challenges. Contact us today to hear how we can help.