CBHC 2021 Annual Behavioral Health Training Conference
September 30, 2021
Each year, hundreds of behavioral health specialists, members of the state and criminal justice system, physical health providers, and university students attend CHBC’s annual behavioral health conference. The conference focuses on best clinical and business practices in behavioral health.
Specific topics include:
- Mental health
- Substance use disorders
- Social determinants of health
- Colorado and National guidelines
Conference participants earn continuing education credits, and they experience exceptional training in camaraderie with other attendees. We welcome anyone with interest in the behavioral health field to attend CBHC’s annual conference.
Monica E. Oss, Chief Executive Officer, OPEN MINDS
Monica E. Oss, M.S. is the founder and chief executive officer of OPEN MINDS, a national market intelligence and strategic advisory firm specializing exclusively in the markets of the health and human service field serving consumers with chronic conditions and complex support needs. For the past three decades, Ms. Oss has been at the forefront of clinical, management, and technological innovation in the sectors of the health and human service field serving consumers with chronic conditions and complex support needs. She leads a team of 200+ advisors, subject matter experts, and analysts focused on a single mission – to improve the care delivered to these consumers by supporting the business information needs of the organizations that finance and deliver their care.
Ms. Oss is well known for her thought leadership in this market sector – her daily executive briefing, industry forums, keynote engagements at national conferences, and numerous books and articles – focused on the strategic and marketing implications of the evolving health and human service field. She has unique expertise in market modeling, payer financing models, provider rate setting, and service system design and reimbursement.
Event Sponsored By:
About Colorado Behavioral Healthcare Council (CBHC)
Since 1967, the Colorado Behavioral Healthcare Council (CBHC) has served as the membership association for Colorado’s statewide system of community behavioral health providers. CBHC member organizations are the backbone of Colorado’s public behavioral health safety net, working to ensure all Coloradoans have access to quality, community-based services tailored to the unique needs and strengths of each community.
CBHC members provide or contract for direct services in a wide variety of settings in hundreds of service delivery sites across the state. In order to continue to provide care and enhance services, CBHC also acts as an advocacy organization at both the state and federal level to ensure the continuation and expansion of care across our state. Learn more.
COVID-19 Risk Management Plan August 11, 2021
We are excited to return to sunny southern California for The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute at the picturesque Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa, August 23-26, 2021. To help plan your in-person attendance, visit https://openminds.com/live-mbpi/ for a schedule of events happening throughout the week.
The resurgence of the COVID Delta variant has certainly created new challenges for the country and for our families. Fortunately, the available COVID vaccinations have been very successful in preventing symptomatic infections and illness. But I did want to let you know that our team at OPEN MINDS is committed to making our executive events as safe as possible and have an active risk management plan in place. I wanted to share with you the key elements of our plan:
- Masking. Every participant will receive a mask as part of their registration materials. Unvaccinated people will be required to wear masks – and vaccinated attendees will be encouraged to wear masks. If the local or state governments have more restrictive standards (including mandatory masking or requiring proof of vaccination) at the time of our institutes, we will follow those standards.
- Social Distancing. We are working with the event venue to hold all sessions in the largest possible rooms with seating as far apart as possible. In order to accomplish this, we ask that you select in advance the sessions you plan to attend in-person at the event venue. This will assist us with room and seating arrangements.
- Outdoor Events. Where possible, we will use outdoor spaces for networking events and smaller sessions.
- Hand Sanitation. Hand sanitation stations are available throughout the event venue and hand sanitizer is included in your registration materials, courtesy of our partner, Qualifacts+Credible.
- Virtual Sessions. Every session will be partially or fully available in a virtual capacity:
- We are livestreaming via GoToWebinar our plenary sessions – keynote addresses and plenary panels. You can participate online from your hotel room (or from your home office if you can’t attend on-site). We will be accepting questions from both the onsite and online audiences.
- Each executive seminar is being offered at two separate times, one live at the event venue and the other exclusively for virtual attendees.
- We are recording the audio for each session – and will post the audio along with presentation materials after each session.
- A virtual exhibit hall will be available with access to all exhibitor contact information, product demos, and engagement opportunities.
We will continue to monitor any changes in the CDC recommendations for the continued safety of the public. If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to reach out to a member of our team at email@example.com or by phone at 877-350-6463. We look forward to seeing you at The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute.
Chief Executive Officer