Getting Your Executive Talent Up To Speed For MA&A
December 2, 2021
Care coordination, value-based reimbursement, and ongoing complex challenges from COVID are all factors driving the need for collaboration. For specialty provider organization executive teams, the key is to be prepared to pivot if key revenue streams decrease. For many provider organizations, a “contingency plan” for financial sustainability may include MA&A.
What type of collaboration best suits your organization? Are you needing to reach new markets, expand existing services, or add on new services? Knowing what you’re looking for, who to get it from, and how to make the exchange mutually beneficial are all core elements to a successful collaboration. Join us on December 2 when David Guth, Centerstone chief executive officer, and OPEN MINDS Senior Associate Paul Duck answer these questions using the OPEN MINDS best practices for MA&A. Guth brings his experience from 19 affiliations, mergers and acquisitions.
Executive attendees will learn:
- An overview plan on when to merge, acquire, or affiliate
- How to develop contacts and relationships for collaboration
- How to develop a strategic plan for collaborations
Guth and Duck will present a case study on the merger of Manatee Glens and Centerstone of America, in which attendees will hear the perspective of both the board and the executives involved in the process.
David C. Guth, Jr., Chief Executive Officer, Centerstone
David Guth, author of Strategic Unions: A Marriage Guide to Healthy Not-For-Profit Mergers, is chief executive officer and co-founder of Centerstone, one of the nation’s largest behavioral healthcare providers. The nonprofit organization, headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, serves nearly 180,000 individuals in communities in Florida, Illinois, Indiana, and Tennessee, and nationwide through its national provider network.
Guth has served in the capacity of chief executive for Centerstone since 1991. With over 43 years of behavioral healthcare experience, 36 in executive leadership, his experience and expertise comprise a vast number of areas, both business and clinical. He has presented extensively before national and international audiences on the adoption of information technology in the healthcare industry, the integration of behavioral and primary healthcare, and the importance of improving the field of behavioral health through research-driven protocols. His insights on these topics and others have been featured in numerous professional journals. Under his leadership, the organization has grown from $6M in revenues and 300 staff serving 2,000 individuals to revenues of nearly $300M and 4,000 staff serving nearly 140,000 people each year through nearly 1,000 facilities and partnership locations. In addition, Centerstone contracts with over 1,200 specialty credentialed clinicians nationwide.
Paul Duck, Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS
Paul M. Duck brings over 25 years of experience in leadership and management focusing on managed care, health information technology organizations, strategy, business development, and market expansion, and customer experience optimization to the OPEN MINDS team.
Prior to joining OPEN MINDS, Mr. Duck served as the Vice President, Strategy & Development at Beacon Health Options. In this role, Mr. Duck led the organization’s strategy and business development efforts – responsible for a 30% increase in net revenue and initiated over $1 billion in revenue generation. Mr. Duck was active in national behavioral health initiatives as an executive of Beacon Health Options, including participating as a speaker at national and state association meetings.
Registration is free and limited to Elite Members of the OPEN MINDS Circle. Contact us at 855-559-6827 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not currently an elite member and want to join, for access to the webinars, blueprint, and more market intelligence on the specialty health and human services market.
COVID-19 Risk Management Plan August 11, 2021
We are excited to return to sunny southern California for The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute at the picturesque Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa, August 23-26, 2021. To help plan your in-person attendance, visit https://openminds.com/live-mbpi/ for a schedule of events happening throughout the week.
The resurgence of the COVID Delta variant has certainly created new challenges for the country and for our families. Fortunately, the available COVID vaccinations have been very successful in preventing symptomatic infections and illness. But I did want to let you know that our team at OPEN MINDS is committed to making our executive events as safe as possible and have an active risk management plan in place. I wanted to share with you the key elements of our plan:
- Masking. Every participant will receive a mask as part of their registration materials. Unvaccinated people will be required to wear masks – and vaccinated attendees will be encouraged to wear masks. If the local or state governments have more restrictive standards (including mandatory masking or requiring proof of vaccination) at the time of our institutes, we will follow those standards.
- Social Distancing. We are working with the event venue to hold all sessions in the largest possible rooms with seating as far apart as possible. In order to accomplish this, we ask that you select in advance the sessions you plan to attend in-person at the event venue. This will assist us with room and seating arrangements.
- Outdoor Events. Where possible, we will use outdoor spaces for networking events and smaller sessions.
- Hand Sanitation. Hand sanitation stations are available throughout the event venue and hand sanitizer is included in your registration materials, courtesy of our partner, Qualifacts+Credible.
- Virtual Sessions. Every session will be partially or fully available in a virtual capacity:
- We are livestreaming via GoToWebinar our plenary sessions – keynote addresses and plenary panels. You can participate online from your hotel room (or from your home office if you can’t attend on-site). We will be accepting questions from both the onsite and online audiences.
- Each executive seminar is being offered at two separate times, one live at the event venue and the other exclusively for virtual attendees.
- We are recording the audio for each session – and will post the audio along with presentation materials after each session.
- A virtual exhibit hall will be available with access to all exhibitor contact information, product demos, and engagement opportunities.
We will continue to monitor any changes in the CDC recommendations for the continued safety of the public. If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to reach out to a member of our team at email@example.com or by phone at 877-350-6463. We look forward to seeing you at The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute.
Chief Executive Officer