Re-Engineering Treatment One Step At A Time:
ASAM Level Of Care Certification
April 28, 2021
Free Executive Web Briefing Courtesy Of Sigmund Software, LLC
April 28, 2021 | 1:00 p.m. Eastern
This webinar will discuss a joint initiative between The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and The American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) regarding level of care certification. The certification will reshape addiction treatment by providing an independent assessment of a treatment program’s ability to deliver services consistent with The ASAM Criteria®. Increasing patient access to evidence-based addiction treatment is critical to overcoming the devastating and deadly challenges of addiction. This certification gives patients, loved ones, payors, and regulators the knowledge that a given treatment program is capable of administering evidence-based addiction treatment that is appropriately matched to a patient’s individual needs.
- Articulate how deceptively simple tools can generate drastic improvements in quality of care being delivered to patients.
- Recognize the resources and information for quality improvement available through accreditation and certification programs.
- Outline the lifecycle of accreditation and certification programs from inception to program development, survey, and decision issuance.
Paul H. Earley, M.D., DFASAM of The American Society of Addiction Medicine
Dr. Earley has worked in Addiction Medicine for 36 years. He treats all types of addictive disorders and specializes in the assessment, treatment, and management of health care professionals. As a therapist, he works with patients already in recovery, providing long term therapy for those who suffer from this disease. His professional expertise extends to advocacy for professionals before agencies and licensing boards.
Dr. Earley is a dynamic speaker and educator; he speaks and trains on topics of addiction, its treatment and addiction among health care professionals. In addition, he trains therapists about the neurobiological basis of psychotherapy. In his travels, he has provided training in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Italy, Iceland, and Switzerland.
He is the author of three books and numerous research articles on addiction and its treatment. His most recent two books, RecoveryMind Training and The Implementation Guide to RecoveryMind Training describe an innovative and comprehensive system designed to reengineer addiction treatment. He is a contributing author to the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) Textbook: Principles of Addiction Medicine, as author of the chapter: Physician Health Programs and Addiction among Physicians and a contributing author to the ASAM Criteria. His work was featured in the documentary series on addiction entitled Close to Home by Bill Moyers.
Currently, Dr. Earley is the Medical Director of the Georgia Professionals Health Program, Inc., the Physicians Health Program (PHP) for the state of Georgia and the Immediate-past President of the North American Federation of State Physician Health Programs (FSPHP). Dr. Earley is also the current President of the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM). He is a Distinguished Fellow of ASAM and has served on the board of ASAM for over 24 years in several capacities.
With Earley Consultancy, LLC, he works with treatment facilities, providing training in cohesive care, treatment effectiveness and staff development using the RecoveryMind Training care system. For 25 years, he served as the Medical Director of two nationally acclaimed addiction programs specializing in the care of health care professionals who suffer from addiction disorders.
Dr. Earley is the recipient of the ASAM Annual Award in 2015. ASAM states describes the award as “For outstanding contributions to the growth and vitality of our Society, for thoughtful leadership in the field, and for deep understanding of the art and science of Addiction Medicine” and “For expanding the frontiers of the field of Addiction Medicine and broadening our understanding of the addictive process, through research and innovation.”
Michael W. Johnson, M.A., C.A.P. of CARF International
Michael is currently the Managing Director for Behavioral Health at CARF International, a role he has held since 2013. In this role, Michael is responsible for the development of standards in behavioral health to maintain currency with the field, interfacing with regulatory entities and payers, consultation and training, and market development.
Michael has more than 40 years of experience in the behavioral healthcare field. He began his career in in behavioral health as a tech on a psychiatric inpatient unit in 1981, and since that time has worked in a variety of clinical, management, and C-level roles in both mental health and substance abuse agencies. He has been a leader in the industry, providing expertise to national and state initiatives in quality, ethics, training, accreditation, and EMR adoption. Michael is passionate about the use of data and technology in our industry, and is a tireless advocate for increasing performance in behavioral health. He possesses a Master of Arts degree in Communications and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Interpersonal Communications from the University of Central Florida, and is a Certified Addictions Professional.
Event Sponsored By:
About Sigmund Software, LLC
Sigmund Software develops, distributes, and supports Electronic Health Record (EHR) software for the Behavioral Health and Addiction Treatment community. We leverage our extensive Behavioral Health background and software development expertise to enable our customers to provide a safer and more efficient environment for improved patient outcomes.
Our vision is to improve and streamline treatment practices and industry cost structures through continued development of innovative, consumer-centric products with unparalleled customer service and support. Better outcomes start with Sigmund.
For over a decade, Sigmund Software has been used by some of the most technologically advanced organizations in the country, spanning both the public and private sectors.
In addition to fully supporting all electronic health record feature requirements, Sigmund’s enterprise platform (AURA) offers a comprehensive suite of specialized features that span Business Development & CRM, Intake, Compliance, Workflow, Outcomes, Practice Management, Revenue Cycle Management, Analytics, and Facility & Staff Management.
Learn more about how Sigmund Software LLC is leading the way in the EHR industry. Visit sigmundsoftware.com, call 1-800-448-6975, follow us on our Sigmund Software Blog, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter, like us on Facebook or visit us on YouTube.
COVID-19 Risk Management Plan August 11, 2021
We are excited to return to sunny southern California for The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute at the picturesque Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa, August 23-26, 2021. To help plan your in-person attendance, visit https://openminds.com/live-mbpi/ for a schedule of events happening throughout the week.
The resurgence of the COVID Delta variant has certainly created new challenges for the country and for our families. Fortunately, the available COVID vaccinations have been very successful in preventing symptomatic infections and illness. But I did want to let you know that our team at OPEN MINDS is committed to making our executive events as safe as possible and have an active risk management plan in place. I wanted to share with you the key elements of our plan:
- Masking. Every participant will receive a mask as part of their registration materials. Unvaccinated people will be required to wear masks – and vaccinated attendees will be encouraged to wear masks. If the local or state governments have more restrictive standards (including mandatory masking or requiring proof of vaccination) at the time of our institutes, we will follow those standards.
- Social Distancing. We are working with the event venue to hold all sessions in the largest possible rooms with seating as far apart as possible. In order to accomplish this, we ask that you select in advance the sessions you plan to attend in-person at the event venue. This will assist us with room and seating arrangements.
- Outdoor Events. Where possible, we will use outdoor spaces for networking events and smaller sessions.
- Hand Sanitation. Hand sanitation stations are available throughout the event venue and hand sanitizer is included in your registration materials, courtesy of our partner, Qualifacts+Credible.
- Virtual Sessions. Every session will be partially or fully available in a virtual capacity:
- We are livestreaming via GoToWebinar our plenary sessions – keynote addresses and plenary panels. You can participate online from your hotel room (or from your home office if you can’t attend on-site). We will be accepting questions from both the onsite and online audiences.
- Each executive seminar is being offered at two separate times, one live at the event venue and the other exclusively for virtual attendees.
- We are recording the audio for each session – and will post the audio along with presentation materials after each session.
- A virtual exhibit hall will be available with access to all exhibitor contact information, product demos, and engagement opportunities.
We will continue to monitor any changes in the CDC recommendations for the continued safety of the public. If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to reach out to a member of our team at email@example.com or by phone at 877-350-6463. We look forward to seeing you at The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute.
Chief Executive Officer