Addiction Treatment Services
Addiction is a chronic disease, which causes individuals to seek “reward” from substance-use or other activities whether or not they may cause harm. Addiction treatment has been in the spotlight as payers, policymakers, and health systems struggle to address the opioid crisis and increasing substance-related mortality rates. As a result, the addiction treatment market is shifting—there is expanded coverage for residential treatment, a push towards greater integration and care coordination, and new competitors entering the market—creating new challenges and opportunities for organizations working in addiction treatment.
- The Acute Care Medical Costs Of Addiction Exceeded $13 Billion In 2017
- Colorado Launches Planning Process To Revamp The State's Behavioral Health Technology Infrastructure
- The Number Of Adults Receiving Buprenorphine Treatment Rose 40% Between 2012 & 2018
- New York Governor Proposes Merging Offices Of Mental Health & Addiction Services
The fundamental paradigm shift that has happened in addictions treatment financing and the future of “value” in addiction treatment were the focus of a great session, Addictions Treatment: The Case For Value at the OPEN MINDS 2021 Performance Management Institute. Ashley Gibson, Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation’s Director of Payer Relations, Contracts, and Utilization and Lauren Sims, Anthem’s Behavioral Health Program Director, presented their shared… Read
- Consumers & Payers Are “Digitally Fluent” But What About Your Team?
- Beefing Up Your EHR To Beat The Competition
- CHRISTUS Spohn & Oceans Healthcare Unveil Details For New Inpatient & Outpatient Behavioral Health Services In Corpus Christi, Texas
- Albertsons Companies Pharmacies In 22 States are Eligible to Inject Antipsychotics & Vivitrol For Addiction Treatment
- State-Level Economic Costs Of Opioid Use Disorder & Fatal Opioid Overdose — United States, 2017
- EHN Canada Launches Gateway Recovery Centre Focused On Military, Veterans, First Responders & Frontline Health Care Workers
- Vaya Health & Cardinal Innovations Announce Consolidation
- The Innovation Conundrum
- Between 2011 & 2019, The Number Of U.S. Specialty Behavioral Health Establishments Increased 34%
- AmeriHealth Caritas & Howard University To Pilot Addiction Medical Home Alternative Payment Model
- 58% Of Americans Cite Affordability & Availability Of In-Network Providers As Priorities For Mental Health & Addiction Treatment
- New Services, Partnerships & More: Is “Business As Usual” A Strategic Option?
- Anthem Review Of 2020 Claims Data Finds Decline In Mental Health Treatment Utilization
- DynamiCare Launches Innovative NIH-funded $1.6 Million Alcohol Addiction Study
- Umatilla County, Oregon, Selects Community Counseling Solutions As New Behavioral Health Contractor
- Indiana Health & Human Services System State Profile Report
- Maryland Health & Human Services System State Profile Report
- Eleanor Health Announces $20 Million Series B Financing To Address The Growing Need For Value-Based Addiction & Mental Health Treatment
- Does Your Leadership Team Need Ballet Dancers?
- The Changing Medicaid Director Wish List
- New HHS Guidelines Expand Access To Buprenorphine
- 60 Provider Organizations Chosen By CMS For The New 'Value In Opioid Use Disorder Treatment' Demonstration
- Re-Engineering Treatment One Step At A Time: ASAM Level Of Care Certification
- Ohio Department Of Mental Health & Addiction Services Will Provide Access To Pear Therapeutics Prescription Digital Therapeutics For Addiction Treatment
Government Contract Bidding Opportunities
- Utah Seeks Prisoner Onsite Drug Testing Services
- New Jersey's Camden County Seeks Professional Substance Use Disorder Services
- Wisconsin's Portage County Seeks Drug Court Coordinator Services
- Wyoming Seeks Substance Abuse Prevention Program's State Plan Services
Government Contract Award Announcements
- Maine Awards SUPPORT for ME Services Substance Use Disorder Learning Community Statewide Provider Contract to Co-Occurring Collaborative Serving Maine
- Maine Awards Conference Coordination and Logistical Support Services Contract to AdCare Educational Institute of Maine, Inc.
- Alaska Awards Peer Support Training Services Contract to Alaska Behavioral Health
- Missouri Awards Organizational Assessment Equity and Inclusion Services Contract to BCT Partners, LLC