Disability Support & Long Term Care Services
Disability and long-term care refers to institutional and community-based care that support individuals with activities of daily living and services related to age or disability. Over the past decade, there has been an increase in the changes and challenges affecting the disability support and long-term care market markets—the move to managed care and subsequently value-based care, the shift to home- and community-based care, the increase in the aging population, and new workforce challenges.
- 56% Of Assisted Living Organizations At-Risk Of Closing In 2021
- CMS Announces Plans To Expand The Home Health Value-Based Purchasing Model
- Home Health Spending Rose 7.7% In 2019 To $113.5 Billion
- 30-Day COVID-19 Death Rate Is 21% Among U.S. Nursing Home Residents; Twice As High For Those With Cognitive Impairment
Last week brought a glimmer of hope but also bad news for nursing homes. The first nursing home residents—in West Virginia and Florida—received the COVID-19 vaccine and were able to leave their rooms after months of isolation. The bad news was two-fold. There is a spike in COVID cases and deaths in nursing homes, with nearly 20,000 cases and an estimated 5,000… Read
- Humana To Begin Covering Hospital-Level Care At-Home Services Provided By DispatchHealth
- What Provider Organizations Should Expect As Managed Care Moves To A Whole Person Focus
- Mosiac Acquires Living Innovations Support Services, Inc. & Expands Presence In Northeast
- Kindred Healthcare & Baptist Health South Florida Announce Plans For 60-Bed Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospital In Miami
- Which States Allow COVID Vaccinations At Walmart?
- AHRQ Nursing Homes Affiliated With U.S. Health Systems, 2018
- HUD Makes $150 Million Funding Opportunity Available For Very-Low-Income Senior Housing & Services To Support Aging In Place
- Civil Minutes - General: Gilbert Garcia, et. al. v. Welltower OpCo Group LLC, et. al.
- Ohio Unveils $50 Million Program To Buy Back Nursing Home Beds, Shrink System
- Medicaid 1915 Waiver Spending At $50 Billion, More Than 70% Is For I/DD HCBS
- Medicare Advantage VBID Launches Hospice Coverage Demonstration
- Federal Funding For Money Follows The Person Demonstration Extended Through 2023
- Why Unpaid Caregivers Should Be On Your Post-COVID Radar
- Risk-Based Senior Health Care Organization, Perfect Health Unites Operations With ConcertoHealth
- Only 38% Of Nursing Home Workers Accepted COVID-19 Vaccines Through Pharmacy Partnership As Of January 2021
- 15 States Started Allowing Medicaid Self-Directed HCBS Beneficiaries To Hire Family Members During Pandemic
- Nursing Home Cases Of COVID-19 Down 48% After Initial Vaccine Shots
- Thought Leader Discussion Session With Amy Kendall, Vice President, Complex Populations, CareSource
- Investing In Ohio's Future: Healthy People
- Early COVID-19 First-Dose Vaccination Coverage Among Residents & Staff Members Of Skilled Nursing Facilities Participating In The Pharmacy Partnership For Long-Term Care Program — United States, December 2020–January 2021
- KPC Health Acquires Seven Promise Healthcare Hospitals, Two Skilled Nursing Facilities
- North Carolina Seeks Behavioral Health I/DD Tailored Plan Services
- Five Star Senior Living Closes Cherry Hill Senior Living In New Jersey
- VA & Parkinson’s Foundation Partner To Help Veterans Living With Parkinson’s Disease
Government Contract Bidding Opportunities
- California's City of South El Monte Seeks Workers Compensation Third-Party Claims Administration Services
- Vermont Seeks Ethics Training and Assistance for the Developmental Disabilities Division
- California Seeks Investigation Services for Workers Compensation Claims
- Delaware Seeks Early Intervention Services for Child Development Watch
Government Contract Award Announcements
- Nevada Awards Workers Compensation Insolvency Claim Services Contract to Nevada Alternative Solutions, Inc.
- Maine Awards Two Independent Long-Term Care External Review Services Contracts
- Wisconsin Awards Physical Therapy Services Contract to Therapy Advances, Inc.
- Maine Awards Research and Reporting on Aging and Disability Services Contract to the University of Maine System, acting through the University of Southern Maine