The social service market is defined as supports and services related to the social determinants of health such as poverty, food insecurity, lack of education, racism, discrimination, environment, and community conditions. Addressing social determinants of health has become a common strategic conversation in a market focused on whole person care and the value equation. Payers and health plans are taking a more structured approach to addressing social support needs and this opens new possibilities for managers of organizations that provide social support programs that have typically been excluded from health care financing arrangements.
- Children Were 69% Less Likely To Be Hospitalized After Their Families Worked With A Volunteer Navigator To Connect Them With Social Services
- Denver Supportive Housing Social Impact Bond Program Decreases Arrests & Police Contacts
- Humana Contracts With Signify Health & Alamo Area Community Network To Address Social Needs In San Antonio Market
- UnitedHealthcare Launches Community Catalyst Initiative To Address Social Determinants Of Health
The payer push for integrated approaches—medical, behavioral, social—to manage consumer care continues to gain momentum. What has been surprising to me is the amount of health plan investment in addressing the social determinants of health (SDOH). UnitedHealthcare just launched its Community Catalyst initiative to address food insecurity, homelessness, health disparities, access to health care, and the need for… Read
- Illumination Foundation Opens A Homeless Shelter For Orange County Families With Children With Disabilities
- The Columbus Organization Acquires Shift New Jersey To Become New Jersey’s Leading Support Coordination Company
- Recidivism of Prisoners Released in 34 States in 2012: A 5-Year Follow-Up Period (2012–2017)
- Managing The 5%
- U.S. Department Of Education To Erase $5.8 Billion In Student Loans For Those With Severe Disabilities
- Judge Orders Jefferson County, New York To Provide Jail-Based Methadone Maintenance Treatment
- New Mexico Department Of Education Partners With 7 Mindsets To Launch New Online Social Emotional Learning Portal
- Delaware Rebids Statewide Disability Employment Contracts
- The Order On Preliminary Injunction In P.G. v. Jefferson County, New York, et. al.
- P.G. v. Jefferson County, New York, et. al.
- How To Build An SDoH Foundation Within Your Whole-Person Care Organization: An Executive Luncheon & Forum Sponsored By NextGen Healthcare
- L.A. Care Health Plan To Implement Four Medicaid ILOS Programs
- U.S. Population Living In Congregate Institutional Settings Dropped 6% Between 2010 & 2020; Prisons & Juvenile Detention Down, Nursing Homes Up
- Consumer Satisfaction = Better Reimbursement
- State Prison Three-Year Recidivism Rates Dropped From 50% To 39% Between 2005 & 2012
- California Medicaid Issues New Guidance On Using Diagnostic Codes To Collect Data On Social Determinants Of Health
- Missouri Passes Reforms To Benefit & Assist Juvenile Inmates
- Why Social Determinants Of Health Programs Will Go Away
- California DHCS All Plan Letter 21-009: Collecting Social Determinants Of Health Data
- CalAIM In Lieu Of Services - Informational Webinar
- Making Social Service Supports More Than A Referral - OPEN MINDS
- Incorporating Social Determinants Of Health Into Your Practice To Improve Patient Outcomes & Increase Reimbursement - OPEN MINDS
- UnitedHealthcare Launches Community Catalyst Initiative To Address Social Determinants Of Health - OPEN MINDS
- Social Services ROI Essential To Social Determinants Wave - OPEN MINDS
Government Contract Bidding Opportunities
- Vermont Seeks Medicaid Physician Review and Consulting Services
- New Jersey's Passaic County Seeks Outside Legal Counsel Patient Advocate Services
- Utah Seeks Licensed Congregate Bed Reserve for COVID-19
- Arizona's Maricopa County Seeks Non-Profit Assistance Program Services
Government Contract Award Announcements
- New Jersey's Passaic County Awards Jail Laboratory Services Contract to Bio-Reference Laboratories, Inc.
- New Jersey's Passaic County Awards Supportive Housing Case Management Services Contract to New Jersey Community Development Corporation
- New Jersey's Passaic County Awards Psychological Examinations to Establish Fitness for Duty Contract to Dr. Susan A. Furnari
- Michigan Awards Family Preservation In Home Family Services Contract to Highfields, Inc.