The social service market is defined as supports and services related to the social determinants of health such as poverty, food insecurity, lack of education, racism, discrimination, environment, and community conditions. Addressing social determinants of health has become a common strategic conversation in a market focused on whole person care and the value equation. Payers and health plans are taking a more structured approach to addressing social support needs and this opens new possibilities for managers of organizations that provide social support programs that have typically been excluded from health care financing arrangements.
- HHS Eliminates Protection From Health Care Discrimination Based On Gender Identity
- 2019 Poverty Rate Was 10.5%, 1.3 Percentage Points Lower Than 2018
- Medicaid Plans Using Lyft For Non-Emergency Medical Transport Report Improved Access To Care
- HUD Awards $74 Million To 12 States To Support Affordable Housing For People With Disabilities & Extremely Low Income
Before the start of the pandemic, nearly 570,000 Americans were homeless. And now, as unemployment rolls mount and moratoriums against evictions and foreclosures expire, an additional 30 to 40 million people could be at risk of homelessness in the coming months (see The COVID-19 Eviction Crisis: an Estimated 30-40 Million People in America Are at Risk). Even before the… Read
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission v. Professional Transportation, Inc.
- LifeSet By Youth Villages – Promoting Positive Outcomes For Transition-Age Youth: An OPEN MINDS Program Profile
- CDC Estimates COVID-19 Safety Will Cost Public Schools $442 Per Student For In-Person Learning
- NYS Office Of Mental Health: COVID-19 & The Public Mental Health System
- About 7% Of Youth In Juvenile Detention Reported Being Sexually Victimized
- The 2020 News Shaping 2021 Strategy—The Most Read OPEN MINDS News Stories Of 2020
- TransUnion Healthcare Enters Investment & Commercial Partnership With Socially Determined To Improve Health Outcomes Using Social Risk Analytics
- Head Start Linked To Increase In High School & College Education Attainment
- G.T. v. Kanawha County Schools
- What You Should Know About COVID-19 & The ADA, The Rehabilitation Act & Other EEO Laws
- Lakeview Health Services: An OPEN MINDS Organizational Profile
- New York Launches Online 'Find Services' Tool Connecting Residents With Social Programs
- The Health Disparities Challenge That Lies Ahead
- The Guidance Center: An OPEN MINDS Organizational Profile
- Feds Finalize Rules On Equal Treatment Of Faith-Based & Secular Organizations For Government-Funded Social Service Contracts
- Prevalence Of Childhood Disability Ranges From 4.9% To 14.0% In The U.S., Depending On The Survey Used
- Project Connect Launches To Provide A Free 24-Hour Support Line For People With Developmental Disabilities
- Alexander Youth Network: An OPEN MINDS Organizational Profile
- Final Rule: Equal Participation Of Faith-Based Organizations In The Federal Agencies' Programs & Activities
- EEOC Files Lawsuit On Behalf Of Transportation Worker With Addiction Using Suboxone Treatment
- RWJBarnabas Launches 'Health Beyond The Hospital' To Address Social Needs
- CommonPass, COVID-19 Digital Passport, Launched For International Travelers
- Social Determinants: Whose Job Is It Anyway?
- California Department Of Social Services, Increase Of Emergency Funding For COVID-19 Response
Government Contract Bidding Opportunities
- Illinois' DuPage County Seeks Health and Wellness Benefits Consultant Services
- Federal Government Announces Second Chance Act Community-Based Reentry Program Grant Funding
- North Carolina Seeks Temporary Nursing Services
- Pennsylvania's Luzerne County Seeks Human Services Block Grant Categorical and Specialized Services
Government Contract Award Announcements
- New Jersey's Cumberland County Awards Juvenile Crisis Shelter Bed Services Contract to Ranch Hope, Inc.
- New Jersey's Cumberland County Awards Four Youth Services Advisory Council Contracts
- Maine Awards Migrant Education Program Services Contract to Hand in Hand
- Maine Awards Integrated Online Services Independent Validation and Verification Contract to CSG Government Solutions, Inc.