Aledade announced that its Kansas physician-led Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), in collaboration with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas (BCBSKS), helped 25 primary care practices across the state lower costs by improving the quality of care to thousands of Kansans received in 2019. Aledade provides participating physicians with data analytics, care management and outreach tools, regulatory expertise, and support from local experts in practice transformation.
Results from the Kansas ACOs show that in the last year the participating practices had the following outcomes:
- Completed more than 53,000 primary care visits, for a yearly visit rate of more than 90%.
- Completed three or more primary care visits for 92% of members with a chronic condition.
- Decreased inpatient admissions by more than 13%, from 67.1 admissions per 1,000 members to 58.0 admissions per 1,000 members.
- Ranked above the 70th percentile among provider organization groups nation-wide for post-discharge follow up, completing more than 1,000 transitions of care visits.
- Improved breast cancer screening rates by 2%, completing more than 1,000 mammograms.
BCBSKS is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. It serves all Kansas counties except Johnson and Wyandotte. Shifting to value-based payments is one of several factors central to recent BCBSKS progress on lowering health care costs, including lower Affordable Care Act and Medicare Advantage premiums for 2020.
Founded in 2014, Aledade partners with independent practices, health centers, and clinics to build and lead Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) in primary care. With more than 7,300 participating provider organizations in 27 states, Aledade shares the risk and reward across more than 80 value-based public payer and commercial contracts.
This was reported by Aledade on November 23, 2020.
Contact information: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas, 1133 SW Topeka Blvd., Topeka, KS; 800-432-3990; Website: https://www.bcbsks.com
Contact information: Brian Chiglinsky, Senior Director, Communications, Aledade, 4550 Montgomery Ave, Suite 950N, Bethesda, MD 20814; 540-761-9786; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Website: https://www.aledade.com