Psych Hub announced its new Scientific Advisory Board to determine solutions to behavioral health care delivery, including establishing quality metrics and integrating evidence-based practices throughout the continuum of care. The members include experts from Aetna (a CVS Health company), Anthem, Beacon Health Options, Centene, Cigna, Humana, Magellan Health, Optum, Columbia University, Stanford University School of Medicine, and University of Pennsylvania. Members of the Scientific Advisory Board will work with Psych Hub to promote scientifically-validated practices that, in turn, increase the patient trust and provider confidence that is expected in the continuum of care.
The inaugural members of the Scientific Advisory Board are:
- Jay M. Butterman, DO: Chief Medical Officer, Behavioral Health, Centene
- Caroline Carney, M.D.: Chief Medical Officer, Magellan Health
- Chris Carson, M.D.: Interim Chief Medical Officer, Beacon Health Options
- Sherry Dubester, M.D.: Former Chief Medical Officer, EVP, Beacon Health Options
- Stephen G. Friedhoff, M.D.: Former Chief Clinical Officer, Anthem
- Doug Nemecek, M.D.: Chief Medical Officer, Behavioral Health, Cigna
- Taft Parsons III, M.D.: Enterprise Medical Director, Behavioral Health, Humana
- Martin Rosenzweig, M.D.: Chief Medical Officer, Optum Behavioral Health
- Hyong Un, M.D.: Chief Psychiatric and Innovation Officer, Aetna, a CVS Health company
- Gregory Brown, Ph.D.: Research Associate Professor of Clinical Psychology in Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Perelman School of Medicine
- Torrey Creed, Ph.D.: Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychology in Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Perelman School of Medicine
- Barbara Stanley, Ph.D.: Professor of Medical Psychology in Psychiatry, Columbia University; Research Scientist, New York State Psychiatric Institute
- Nina Vasan, M.D.: Chief Medical Officer, Real; Founder and Executive Director, Brainstorm: The Stanford Lab for Mental Health Innovation, Stanford University School of Medicine
Psych Hub is the most comprehensive platform for online education on mental health, substance use, and suicide prevention topics in the world. Co-founded by Patrick J. Kennedy and Marjorie Morrison, it is a fast-growing library of learning solutions for every audience. Psych Hub’s Learning Hubs are a first-of-its-kind experience taking providers, professionals, and allies from knowledge learned to behavior change through innovation, gamification, certifications, and supportive patient/employee education. The Psych Hub Podcast: The Future of Mental Health and Ask the Expert with Columbia Psychiatry are syndicated weekly and available on all major podcast platforms. Additionally, the free Psych Hub video library hosts over 200 short, animated videos for consumers focused on improving mental health literacy and reducing stigma about seeking care.
This was reported by PsychHub on February 11, 2021.