By Market Intelligence Team

In 2009, national spending on mental health services totaled $147 billion and accounted for 6.3% of all health spending. Of that total, public payers accounted for the majority (60%) at $88 billion, while private payers accounted for the remaining $59 billion (40%). Medicaid was the single largest payer for all mental health services; accounting for 27% of total expenditures, followed by other state, federal, and local funds (33%), private insurance (29%), and out-of-pocket expenditures (11%). While 2009 is the latest year for spending reports, by 2014, expenditures on mental health (MH) and substance abuse (SA) treatment are . . .
Restricted Content

You must be an Elite member to view this resource.

Log in | Sign up or learn more about membership options

Login to access The OPEN MINDS Circle Library. Not a member? Create your free account now!