Alice Kuchinskas brings to OPEN MINDS over 20 years of experience in direct mental health and substance abuse contract negotiation for all levels of care, including shared risk and pay for performance contracting. Ms. Kuchinskas easily navigates the application, credentialing and contracting process with all major health plans, has an in-depth knowledge of payer contract structure and language and has experience counseling clients on important contract terms. She currently serves as a Senior Associate with the OPEN MINDS consulting practice.
Prior to joining OPEN MINDS, Ms. Kuchinskas served as the Vice President, Payer Relations and Utilization Review – Elements Behavioral Health/Promises Behavioral Health. In this position, Ms. Kuchinskas was responsible for execution of the company’s nationwide payer contracting strategy, including direct negotiation of payer contracts and pay for performance agreements, credentialing of facilities and professional providers, and ongoing payer relations.
Prior to her role at Elements Behavioral Health, she served as a Vice President, Network Strategy Western Region – Beacon Health Options, where she developed and implemented a strategic vision for provider network partnerships for Beacon’s Western Region, with a primary focus on California.
Prior to her role at Beacon Health Options, Ms. Kuchinskas served as Vice President, Operations Cypress Service Center – Beacon CBHM/Beacon Health Strategies, where she was responsible for overall operations of Beacon’s California Service Center and 2 IPAs, including clinical services, utilization management, network development, provider operations, claims, and quality management.
Ms. Kuchinskas has also held the position of Chief Operating Officer – Prototypes, Centers for Innovation in Health, Mental Health and Social Services , where she had oversight of all Prototypes substance abuse, mental health, domestic violence, prevention and community programs, ensuring the quality of care and service, regulatory and contract compliance and sound fiscal management.
Ms. Kuchinskas earned a Bachelor of Art (B.A.) in Journalism from the University of Wyoming, and a Master of Arts (M.A.) in Clinical Psychology from Antioch University, Marina Del Rey.
COVID-19 Risk Management Plan August 11, 2021
We are excited to return to sunny southern California for The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute at the picturesque Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa, August 23-26, 2021. To help plan your in-person attendance, visit https://openminds.com/live-mbpi/ for a schedule of events happening throughout the week.
The resurgence of the COVID Delta variant has certainly created new challenges for the country and for our families. Fortunately, the available COVID vaccinations have been very successful in preventing symptomatic infections and illness. But I did want to let you know that our team at OPEN MINDS is committed to making our executive events as safe as possible and have an active risk management plan in place. I wanted to share with you the key elements of our plan:
- Masking. Every participant will receive a mask as part of their registration materials. Unvaccinated people will be required to wear masks – and vaccinated attendees will be encouraged to wear masks. If the local or state governments have more restrictive standards (including mandatory masking or requiring proof of vaccination) at the time of our institutes, we will follow those standards.
- Social Distancing. We are working with the event venue to hold all sessions in the largest possible rooms with seating as far apart as possible. In order to accomplish this, we ask that you select in advance the sessions you plan to attend in-person at the event venue. This will assist us with room and seating arrangements.
- Outdoor Events. Where possible, we will use outdoor spaces for networking events and smaller sessions.
- Hand Sanitation. Hand sanitation stations are available throughout the event venue and hand sanitizer is included in your registration materials, courtesy of our partner, Qualifacts+Credible.
- Virtual Sessions. Every session will be partially or fully available in a virtual capacity:
- We are livestreaming via GoToWebinar our plenary sessions – keynote addresses and plenary panels. You can participate online from your hotel room (or from your home office if you can’t attend on-site). We will be accepting questions from both the onsite and online audiences.
- Each executive seminar is being offered at two separate times, one live at the event venue and the other exclusively for virtual attendees.
- We are recording the audio for each session – and will post the audio along with presentation materials after each session.
- A virtual exhibit hall will be available with access to all exhibitor contact information, product demos, and engagement opportunities.
We will continue to monitor any changes in the CDC recommendations for the continued safety of the public. If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to reach out to a member of our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 877-350-6463. We look forward to seeing you at The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute.
Chief Executive Officer