Cathy Gilbert brings over 20 years of health care industry experience to the OPEN MINDS team. Ms. Gilbert currently serves as a Senior Associate at OPEN MINDS. Her areas of expertise include advanced project leadership skills, training development, health care processing systems, policy development, and implementation to ensure compliance with accreditation requirements.
Before joining OPEN MINDS, Ms. Gilbert served as the Vice President II, Network Development at Magellan Healthcare Inc. During her role there she directed a national team to support network development and provider relations for health plans, employers, Medicare, and Medicaid. Also, Ms. Gilbert led a network operations team responsible for credentialing, provider data maintenance, rate management, and contract administration for all networks. She supported responses for sales opportunities and represented the network at client and sales meetings.
Previously, Ms. Gilbert served as the Assistant Vice President of Network Operations with Beacon Health Options in Latham, NY. In this role, she was responsible for overseeing provider file maintenance, provider file configuration, and provider credentialing. Ms. Gilbert also implemented an audit function to improve provider file accuracy and led a process to reduce the initial file credentialing backlog by 45%.
Prior to her work with Beacon Health Options, Ms. Gilbert served as the Vice President of Provider Relations at Beacon Health Options/ValueOptions Inc. in Wixom, MI. Ms. Gilbert led and participated in internal and external committees including credentialing, policies and procedures, provider satisfaction, provider stakeholders, and quality management. She also led network development projects for new client implementations and network expansions. Ms. Gilbert designed and implemented a departmental training program for new and current staff.
Ms. Gilbert earned her Master of Science Administration, Health Services at Central Michigan University. Prior to earning her master’s degree, Ms. Gilbert earned her Bachelor of Science, Social Work at Eastern Michigan University.
COVID-19 Risk Management Plan August 11, 2021
We are excited to return to sunny southern California for The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute at the picturesque Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa, August 23-26, 2021. To help plan your in-person attendance, visit https://openminds.com/live-mbpi/ for a schedule of events happening throughout the week.
The resurgence of the COVID Delta variant has certainly created new challenges for the country and for our families. Fortunately, the available COVID vaccinations have been very successful in preventing symptomatic infections and illness. But I did want to let you know that our team at OPEN MINDS is committed to making our executive events as safe as possible and have an active risk management plan in place. I wanted to share with you the key elements of our plan:
- Masking. Every participant will receive a mask as part of their registration materials. Unvaccinated people will be required to wear masks – and vaccinated attendees will be encouraged to wear masks. If the local or state governments have more restrictive standards (including mandatory masking or requiring proof of vaccination) at the time of our institutes, we will follow those standards.
- Social Distancing. We are working with the event venue to hold all sessions in the largest possible rooms with seating as far apart as possible. In order to accomplish this, we ask that you select in advance the sessions you plan to attend in-person at the event venue. This will assist us with room and seating arrangements.
- Outdoor Events. Where possible, we will use outdoor spaces for networking events and smaller sessions.
- Hand Sanitation. Hand sanitation stations are available throughout the event venue and hand sanitizer is included in your registration materials, courtesy of our partner, Qualifacts+Credible.
- Virtual Sessions. Every session will be partially or fully available in a virtual capacity:
- We are livestreaming via GoToWebinar our plenary sessions – keynote addresses and plenary panels. You can participate online from your hotel room (or from your home office if you can’t attend on-site). We will be accepting questions from both the onsite and online audiences.
- Each executive seminar is being offered at two separate times, one live at the event venue and the other exclusively for virtual attendees.
- We are recording the audio for each session – and will post the audio along with presentation materials after each session.
- A virtual exhibit hall will be available with access to all exhibitor contact information, product demos, and engagement opportunities.
We will continue to monitor any changes in the CDC recommendations for the continued safety of the public. If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to reach out to a member of our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 877-350-6463. We look forward to seeing you at The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute.
Chief Executive Officer