David Blaszczak brings over 20 years of experience in the health and human services industry to the OPEN MINDS team, with expertise in state and federal governments, market strategy, health care policy, and reimbursement and regulatory trends. He currently serves as a Senior Associate for OPEN MINDS consulting practice.
Prior to his role with OPEN MINDS, Mr. Blaszczak served as a Partner with ADVI Health in the Washington D.C. Metro Area. At ADVI Health, Mr. Blaszczak provided reimbursement and regulatory advisory services for health care provider groups and manufactures. Mr. Blaszczak worked with C-Suite executives on developing a roll-out strategy once products received FDA approval and reimbursement. Mr. Blaszczak also advised health care companies of coding strategies such as DRG, HCPCS, and CPT.
Before his time with ADVI Health, Mr. Blaszczak served as a Senior Health Policy Analyst for the Potomac Research Group. In this role, Mr. Blaszczak analyzed health care reimbursement and regulatory trends for investment companies.
Prior to his role at Potomac Research Group, MR. Blaszczak served as a Senior Vice President for Washington Research Group. In this role, Mr. Blaszczak analyzed health care reimbursement and regulatory trends for investment companies.
Prior to his role with the Washington Research Group, Mr. Blaszczak served as a Health Insurance Specialist for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. At the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Mr. Blaszczak was a key player in developing health care policy and coordinated with senior industry leaders. Mr. Blaszczak also wrote regulations affecting health care providers and manufactures and worked with senior governmental and administrative officials to develop briefing documents.
Mr. Blaszczak received a Masters of Public Policy from the University of Maryland Baltimore County. Mr. Blaszczak additionally earned a Bachelor of Arts of Health Administration from the University of Maryland Baltimore County.
COVID-19 Risk Management Plan August 11, 2021
We are excited to return to sunny southern California for The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute at the picturesque Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa, August 23-26, 2021. To help plan your in-person attendance, visit https://openminds.com/live-mbpi/ for a schedule of events happening throughout the week.
The resurgence of the COVID Delta variant has certainly created new challenges for the country and for our families. Fortunately, the available COVID vaccinations have been very successful in preventing symptomatic infections and illness. But I did want to let you know that our team at OPEN MINDS is committed to making our executive events as safe as possible and have an active risk management plan in place. I wanted to share with you the key elements of our plan:
- Masking. Every participant will receive a mask as part of their registration materials. Unvaccinated people will be required to wear masks – and vaccinated attendees will be encouraged to wear masks. If the local or state governments have more restrictive standards (including mandatory masking or requiring proof of vaccination) at the time of our institutes, we will follow those standards.
- Social Distancing. We are working with the event venue to hold all sessions in the largest possible rooms with seating as far apart as possible. In order to accomplish this, we ask that you select in advance the sessions you plan to attend in-person at the event venue. This will assist us with room and seating arrangements.
- Outdoor Events. Where possible, we will use outdoor spaces for networking events and smaller sessions.
- Hand Sanitation. Hand sanitation stations are available throughout the event venue and hand sanitizer is included in your registration materials, courtesy of our partner, Qualifacts+Credible.
- Virtual Sessions. Every session will be partially or fully available in a virtual capacity:
- We are livestreaming via GoToWebinar our plenary sessions – keynote addresses and plenary panels. You can participate online from your hotel room (or from your home office if you can’t attend on-site). We will be accepting questions from both the onsite and online audiences.
- Each executive seminar is being offered at two separate times, one live at the event venue and the other exclusively for virtual attendees.
- We are recording the audio for each session – and will post the audio along with presentation materials after each session.
- A virtual exhibit hall will be available with access to all exhibitor contact information, product demos, and engagement opportunities.
We will continue to monitor any changes in the CDC recommendations for the continued safety of the public. If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to reach out to a member of our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 877-350-6463. We look forward to seeing you at The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute.
Chief Executive Officer