Erin Pressel brings over 15 years of experience in the health and human services field to the OPEN MINDS team, with expertise in marketing and communications, business development and implementation of growth strategies, and strategic planning. Prior to joining OPEN MINDS, Ms. Pressel served as the Chief Strategy & Business Development Officer for Gaudenzia, an addiction treatment organization. In this role, Ms. Pressel was responsible for all aspects of strategy and business development near 100 programs across four states. Ms. Pressel also developed and negotiated state, county, and managed care contracts resulting in increased revenue and earnings.
Prior to her role as Chief Strategy & Business Development Officer, Ms. Pressel also served as the Corporate Marketing Director for the organization. In this role, she created and led marketing programs that resulted in improved brand awareness and increased patient acquisitions. Ms. Pressel developed marketing collaterals and analyzed legislation and public policy. In addition, she assisted in developing and implementing an electronic health record system and building and developing a call center.
Ms. Pressel also served as the Referral Development Manager for Gaudenzia. In that role, she developed relationships to expand the scope of their treatment program referrals. Ms. Pressel also was responsible for market research and conducting surveys to identify potential market opportunities.
Previously, Ms. Pressel served as a Case Management Specialist for the Dauphin County Department of Drugs and Alcohol in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. In this role, Ms. Pressel conducted hands-on case management to insure appropriate and compassionate patient care.
Ms. Pressel received a Master of Arts in Business Administration from Columbia Southern University and a Master of Science in Legal Studies and Homeland Security from California University of Pennsylvania. Ms. Pressel received her Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice and Psychology from the University of Massachusetts, Lowell.
COVID-19 Risk Management Plan August 11, 2021
We are excited to return to sunny southern California for The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute at the picturesque Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa, August 23-26, 2021. To help plan your in-person attendance, visit https://openminds.com/live-mbpi/ for a schedule of events happening throughout the week.
The resurgence of the COVID Delta variant has certainly created new challenges for the country and for our families. Fortunately, the available COVID vaccinations have been very successful in preventing symptomatic infections and illness. But I did want to let you know that our team at OPEN MINDS is committed to making our executive events as safe as possible and have an active risk management plan in place. I wanted to share with you the key elements of our plan:
- Masking. Every participant will receive a mask as part of their registration materials. Unvaccinated people will be required to wear masks – and vaccinated attendees will be encouraged to wear masks. If the local or state governments have more restrictive standards (including mandatory masking or requiring proof of vaccination) at the time of our institutes, we will follow those standards.
- Social Distancing. We are working with the event venue to hold all sessions in the largest possible rooms with seating as far apart as possible. In order to accomplish this, we ask that you select in advance the sessions you plan to attend in-person at the event venue. This will assist us with room and seating arrangements.
- Outdoor Events. Where possible, we will use outdoor spaces for networking events and smaller sessions.
- Hand Sanitation. Hand sanitation stations are available throughout the event venue and hand sanitizer is included in your registration materials, courtesy of our partner, Qualifacts+Credible.
- Virtual Sessions. Every session will be partially or fully available in a virtual capacity:
- We are livestreaming via GoToWebinar our plenary sessions – keynote addresses and plenary panels. You can participate online from your hotel room (or from your home office if you can’t attend on-site). We will be accepting questions from both the onsite and online audiences.
- Each executive seminar is being offered at two separate times, one live at the event venue and the other exclusively for virtual attendees.
- We are recording the audio for each session – and will post the audio along with presentation materials after each session.
- A virtual exhibit hall will be available with access to all exhibitor contact information, product demos, and engagement opportunities.
We will continue to monitor any changes in the CDC recommendations for the continued safety of the public. If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to reach out to a member of our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 877-350-6463. We look forward to seeing you at The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute.
Chief Executive Officer