John Van Camp has 40+ years of experience in the health and human service field. Before joining the OPEN MINDS team as a Senior Associate, Mr. Van Camp held the title of President and CEO of Southwest Solutions, an organization dedicated to serving individuals dealing with mental illness and homelessness in the Detroit, Michigan area. Southwest Solutions serves these individuals with complex needs with their two core programs: Southwest Counseling Solutions and Southwest Housing Solutions.
Since 1972, Mr. Van Camp’s management and leadership experience helped transform Southwest Solutions from a community mental health agency with ten staff members to a thriving organization that employs a staff of 500 and offers over 40 community-building programs. Mr. Van Camp started as an administrative assistant until working his way to the head of the organization in 1981. He is credited with broadening Southwest Solution’s vision and ultimately shaping the future of the organization.
Mr. Van Camp was recognized nationally for the many innovations he has initiated at Southwest Solutions and in the greater Detroit market. Van Camp’s unprecedented career did not go unnoticed. Just recently he was honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award for 2015 by Life Directions who described him as “one of the city’s most distinguished and effective leaders.” With Mr. Van Camp’s leadership and guidance, Southwest Solutions has been able to successfully grow to effectively serve the community. Since then, Mr. Van Camp has been referred to as one of the city’s most distinguished leaders having built Southwest Solution from its inception into an influential integrated healthcare center serving the community of southwest Detroit.
While leading Southwest Solutions, Mr. Van Camp served the southwest Detroit by reintegrating the mentally ill and homeless into the community, and by providing quality affordable housing and support services, all while orchestrating neighborhood revitalization and economic development. Mr. Van Camp is a native of Michigan and a graduate of Wayne State University.
COVID-19 Risk Management Plan August 11, 2021
We are excited to return to sunny southern California for The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute at the picturesque Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa, August 23-26, 2021. To help plan your in-person attendance, visit https://openminds.com/live-mbpi/ for a schedule of events happening throughout the week.
The resurgence of the COVID Delta variant has certainly created new challenges for the country and for our families. Fortunately, the available COVID vaccinations have been very successful in preventing symptomatic infections and illness. But I did want to let you know that our team at OPEN MINDS is committed to making our executive events as safe as possible and have an active risk management plan in place. I wanted to share with you the key elements of our plan:
- Masking. Every participant will receive a mask as part of their registration materials. Unvaccinated people will be required to wear masks – and vaccinated attendees will be encouraged to wear masks. If the local or state governments have more restrictive standards (including mandatory masking or requiring proof of vaccination) at the time of our institutes, we will follow those standards.
- Social Distancing. We are working with the event venue to hold all sessions in the largest possible rooms with seating as far apart as possible. In order to accomplish this, we ask that you select in advance the sessions you plan to attend in-person at the event venue. This will assist us with room and seating arrangements.
- Outdoor Events. Where possible, we will use outdoor spaces for networking events and smaller sessions.
- Hand Sanitation. Hand sanitation stations are available throughout the event venue and hand sanitizer is included in your registration materials, courtesy of our partner, Qualifacts+Credible.
- Virtual Sessions. Every session will be partially or fully available in a virtual capacity:
- We are livestreaming via GoToWebinar our plenary sessions – keynote addresses and plenary panels. You can participate online from your hotel room (or from your home office if you can’t attend on-site). We will be accepting questions from both the onsite and online audiences.
- Each executive seminar is being offered at two separate times, one live at the event venue and the other exclusively for virtual attendees.
- We are recording the audio for each session – and will post the audio along with presentation materials after each session.
- A virtual exhibit hall will be available with access to all exhibitor contact information, product demos, and engagement opportunities.
We will continue to monitor any changes in the CDC recommendations for the continued safety of the public. If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to reach out to a member of our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 877-350-6463. We look forward to seeing you at The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute.
Chief Executive Officer