Meena Dayak brings over 20 years of experience in the health and human services field to the OPEN MINDS team. Ms. Dayak currently serves as an Advisory Board Member. Her areas of expertise include organizational strategy analysis and execution, marketing plan strategy and management, media relations strategy development and implementation, and digital media planning and development.
Before joining OPEN MINDS, Ms. Dayak served as Vice President of Integrated Media and Communications with the American Public Power Association in Washington D.C. In this role, she led strategic planning, branding, and corporate communications, enterprise-wide content management, and internal and external partnership development. Ms. Dayak participated in needs analysis and organizational decision making as part of the senior leadership team. She directed a high-energy team and external contractors in growing industry profiles, services, and impact through award-winning owned, earned, paid, and shared media. Ms. Dayak also directed content creation and dissemination to enable local community outreach by 1,200-member electric utilities.
Previously, Ms. Dayak served as Vice President of Marketing and Communications with National Council for Behavioral Health in Washington D.C. In this role, she directed member marketing, media relations, public education, conference programming, and publishing projects. Ms. Dayak built the department from one staff person to 10 communications and event specialists. She significantly raised the profile of subject matter experts among association staff, board, and members. She also managed relationships with corporate partners, including pharmaceutical and insurance companies. Ms. Dayak also served as the Director of Marketing and Communications for the National Council for Behavioral Health before becoming the Vice President of Marketing and Communications.
Before her time with the National Council for Behavioral Health, Ms. Dayak was the Senior Account Manager and a Copywriter for the U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention in Rockville, MD. Ms. Dayak also served as an Account Manager and Copy writer for O’Connell Meier in Alexandria, VA.
Ms. Dayak attended Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Executive Education for Strategic Frameworks for Nonprofit Organizations. She also has an M.A. in Public Communications from the American University, Washington D.C.
COVID-19 Risk Management Plan August 11, 2021
We are excited to return to sunny southern California for The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute at the picturesque Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa, August 23-26, 2021. To help plan your in-person attendance, visit https://openminds.com/live-mbpi/ for a schedule of events happening throughout the week.
The resurgence of the COVID Delta variant has certainly created new challenges for the country and for our families. Fortunately, the available COVID vaccinations have been very successful in preventing symptomatic infections and illness. But I did want to let you know that our team at OPEN MINDS is committed to making our executive events as safe as possible and have an active risk management plan in place. I wanted to share with you the key elements of our plan:
- Masking. Every participant will receive a mask as part of their registration materials. Unvaccinated people will be required to wear masks – and vaccinated attendees will be encouraged to wear masks. If the local or state governments have more restrictive standards (including mandatory masking or requiring proof of vaccination) at the time of our institutes, we will follow those standards.
- Social Distancing. We are working with the event venue to hold all sessions in the largest possible rooms with seating as far apart as possible. In order to accomplish this, we ask that you select in advance the sessions you plan to attend in-person at the event venue. This will assist us with room and seating arrangements.
- Outdoor Events. Where possible, we will use outdoor spaces for networking events and smaller sessions.
- Hand Sanitation. Hand sanitation stations are available throughout the event venue and hand sanitizer is included in your registration materials, courtesy of our partner, Qualifacts+Credible.
- Virtual Sessions. Every session will be partially or fully available in a virtual capacity:
- We are livestreaming via GoToWebinar our plenary sessions – keynote addresses and plenary panels. You can participate online from your hotel room (or from your home office if you can’t attend on-site). We will be accepting questions from both the onsite and online audiences.
- Each executive seminar is being offered at two separate times, one live at the event venue and the other exclusively for virtual attendees.
- We are recording the audio for each session – and will post the audio along with presentation materials after each session.
- A virtual exhibit hall will be available with access to all exhibitor contact information, product demos, and engagement opportunities.
We will continue to monitor any changes in the CDC recommendations for the continued safety of the public. If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to reach out to a member of our team at email@example.com or by phone at 877-350-6463. We look forward to seeing you at The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute.
Chief Executive Officer