Mirna Holton, AM, brings over 20 years of experience in the health and human services industry to the OPEN MINDS team. Her expertise includes community outreach programs planning, capital fundraising, and comprehensive campaign management, strategic planning, grant and proposal writing, business development and management, and marketing/communications.
Prior to joining OPEN MINDS, Ms. Holton served as the Chief Development Officer for the McGaw YMCA in Evanston, Illinois. In this role, she analyzed the donor population and market opportunities to develop and implement a tactical relationship management plan resulting in a 116% individual revenue increase and an additional $1.25M in the new program and capital revenue.
Previously, Ms. Holton served as the Managing Director of Regional Development in Chicago for Marquette University. In this role, Ms. Holton facilitated change management in the regional development office of Marquette and developed an impressive donor portfolio and closed four major gifts ($25,000+) in a six-month cultivation period.
Before joining Marquette, Ms. Holton was the Associate Vice President of Development & Annual Giving at Roosevelt University in Chicago, Illinois. At Roosevelt, she led a revenue-producing team that was responsible for development activities for the university and for generating and stewarding a $46M fundraising campaign. During her tenure, Ms. Holton was recognized as a thought leader among the faculty and invited to serve on four interdisciplinary committees.
Ms. Holton has also served as Director of Development for the Eleanor Foundation (Chicago, IL); Associate Director of the Institute for Latino Progress (Chicago, IL); and as Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations for the Greater Chicago Food Depository (Chicago, IL).
In addition to her professional positions, Ms. Holton is also active in serving her community on various committees and councils. Most recently, she served eight years as the Immediate Past Chairman of the Institute for Latino Progress. She has been a part of the Latino Community Advisory Council to the Chancellor at the University of Illinois, a fellow with Leadership Greater Chicago, a member of the Nordstrom Scholarship Committee, and a member of various university research advisory committees.
Ms. Holton received her Master’s degree (AM) from the University of Chicago, School of Social Service Administration, and her Bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Campaign.
COVID-19 Risk Management Plan August 11, 2021
We are excited to return to sunny southern California for The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute at the picturesque Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa, August 23-26, 2021. To help plan your in-person attendance, visit https://openminds.com/live-mbpi/ for a schedule of events happening throughout the week.
The resurgence of the COVID Delta variant has certainly created new challenges for the country and for our families. Fortunately, the available COVID vaccinations have been very successful in preventing symptomatic infections and illness. But I did want to let you know that our team at OPEN MINDS is committed to making our executive events as safe as possible and have an active risk management plan in place. I wanted to share with you the key elements of our plan:
- Masking. Every participant will receive a mask as part of their registration materials. Unvaccinated people will be required to wear masks – and vaccinated attendees will be encouraged to wear masks. If the local or state governments have more restrictive standards (including mandatory masking or requiring proof of vaccination) at the time of our institutes, we will follow those standards.
- Social Distancing. We are working with the event venue to hold all sessions in the largest possible rooms with seating as far apart as possible. In order to accomplish this, we ask that you select in advance the sessions you plan to attend in-person at the event venue. This will assist us with room and seating arrangements.
- Outdoor Events. Where possible, we will use outdoor spaces for networking events and smaller sessions.
- Hand Sanitation. Hand sanitation stations are available throughout the event venue and hand sanitizer is included in your registration materials, courtesy of our partner, Qualifacts+Credible.
- Virtual Sessions. Every session will be partially or fully available in a virtual capacity:
- We are livestreaming via GoToWebinar our plenary sessions – keynote addresses and plenary panels. You can participate online from your hotel room (or from your home office if you can’t attend on-site). We will be accepting questions from both the onsite and online audiences.
- Each executive seminar is being offered at two separate times, one live at the event venue and the other exclusively for virtual attendees.
- We are recording the audio for each session – and will post the audio along with presentation materials after each session.
- A virtual exhibit hall will be available with access to all exhibitor contact information, product demos, and engagement opportunities.
We will continue to monitor any changes in the CDC recommendations for the continued safety of the public. If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to reach out to a member of our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 877-350-6463. We look forward to seeing you at The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute.
Chief Executive Officer