Sarah Elliott brings over 10 years of experience in the health and human services field to the OPEN MINDS team, with expertise in gerontology, long-term and transitional care, and marketing and referral development.
Prior to joining OPEN MINDS, she served as the Director of Transitions of Care for Vivage Senior Living. In this role, Ms. Elliott facilitated the implementation of care coordination and transitions of care strategies with over 30 nursing facilities. She also created and implemented discharge policies and best practices in skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, senior living communities and hospice settings. Ms. Elliott worked closely with multi disciplinary teams on program development and management of those living with behavioral health challenges, and complex care needs.
Ms. Elliott was also responsible for marketing and communications in this role. She served as both writer and editors for proposals and helped manage the organization’s social media campaigns; and was a vital member of the innovations team.
At Vivage Senior Living, Ms. Elliott also served as the Social Services Director & Memory Care Program Director. In these roles, Ms. Elliott served on the leadership team and was responsible for multiple departments. She developed end-of-life programs, memory care programs, and aromatherapy and wellness programs.
Prior to her role as Social Services Director and Memory Care Program Director, Ms. Elliott served as an Activities Director for Vivage Senior Living. Ms. Elliott created, documented, and implemented personalized plans of care. She also planned and lead individual and group activities and worked closely with several departments to ensure residential care needs were met.
Over the past four years, Ms. Elliott has been a member of the Strategic Action Planning Group of Aging in the state of Colorado, serving on the executive committee. This governor appointed group focuses on creating a comprehensive strategic action plan on aging.
Ms. Elliott received a Master of Arts in Gerontology from the University of Southern California. Ms. Elliott additionally earned a Bachelor of Arts in Theatre from James Madison University.
COVID-19 Risk Management Plan August 11, 2021
We are excited to return to sunny southern California for The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute at the picturesque Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa, August 23-26, 2021. To help plan your in-person attendance, visit https://openminds.com/live-mbpi/ for a schedule of events happening throughout the week.
The resurgence of the COVID Delta variant has certainly created new challenges for the country and for our families. Fortunately, the available COVID vaccinations have been very successful in preventing symptomatic infections and illness. But I did want to let you know that our team at OPEN MINDS is committed to making our executive events as safe as possible and have an active risk management plan in place. I wanted to share with you the key elements of our plan:
- Masking. Every participant will receive a mask as part of their registration materials. Unvaccinated people will be required to wear masks – and vaccinated attendees will be encouraged to wear masks. If the local or state governments have more restrictive standards (including mandatory masking or requiring proof of vaccination) at the time of our institutes, we will follow those standards.
- Social Distancing. We are working with the event venue to hold all sessions in the largest possible rooms with seating as far apart as possible. In order to accomplish this, we ask that you select in advance the sessions you plan to attend in-person at the event venue. This will assist us with room and seating arrangements.
- Outdoor Events. Where possible, we will use outdoor spaces for networking events and smaller sessions.
- Hand Sanitation. Hand sanitation stations are available throughout the event venue and hand sanitizer is included in your registration materials, courtesy of our partner, Qualifacts+Credible.
- Virtual Sessions. Every session will be partially or fully available in a virtual capacity:
- We are livestreaming via GoToWebinar our plenary sessions – keynote addresses and plenary panels. You can participate online from your hotel room (or from your home office if you can’t attend on-site). We will be accepting questions from both the onsite and online audiences.
- Each executive seminar is being offered at two separate times, one live at the event venue and the other exclusively for virtual attendees.
- We are recording the audio for each session – and will post the audio along with presentation materials after each session.
- A virtual exhibit hall will be available with access to all exhibitor contact information, product demos, and engagement opportunities.
We will continue to monitor any changes in the CDC recommendations for the continued safety of the public. If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to reach out to a member of our team at email@example.com or by phone at 877-350-6463. We look forward to seeing you at The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute.
Chief Executive Officer