The New Medication Options For Treating Mental Illnesses & Addictive Disorders: A Briefing For Clinical Executives
June 29, 2021
Free Executive Web Briefing Courtesy Of Genoa Healthcare
June 29, 2021 | 1:00 p.m. Eastern
What’s on the horizon in 2021 and beyond for treatment options for mental illness and substance use disorder? Join Stephanie Kornechuk, PharmD, Genoa Healthcare’s Senior Vice President of Procurement, for an up-to-the-minute briefing on the new and upcoming treatment options for major depressive disorder, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and other forms of illness. She will provide an overview of newly-approved medications and medications pending approval in the pipeline. Dr. Kornechuk will also discuss pending policy changes that may improve accessibility to cutting edge medications for opioid use disorder.
- Review 2020 drug approvals and the recent pace of FDA approvals
- Explore new behavioral health drugs approved in 2021
- Look ahead to coming drug trends
- Provide perspectives on recent COVID-19 vaccine developments
Stephanie Kornechuk, PharmD, Senior Vice President of Procurement, Genoa Healthcare
Stephanie Kornechuk, PharmD, is the chief procurement officer for Genoa Healthcare. She joined the organization 2003 as a pharmacy manager in Puyallup, Washington, and has held several leadership roles. Prior to Genoa, Kornechuk was a hospital pharmacist for St. Joseph Medical Center in Tacoma, Washington, and a long-term care pharmacist for Northwood Clinical Pharmacy and Shoppers Drug Mart in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy from Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and a Doctor of Pharmacy degree from the University of Washington in Seattle.
Event Sponsored By:
About Genoa Healthcare
Genoa Healthcare has been serving the behavioral health community for nearly 20 years, providing pharmacy services, telepsychiatry and medication management solutions. Today, Genoa Healthcare serves more than 800,000 individuals annually in 47 states and the District of Columbia, and fills more than 15 million prescriptions per year. Genoa Healthcare is the fifth largest drug chain in the U.S., with more than 450 pharmacies located within behavioral health centers. Visit www.genoahealthcare.com.
COVID-19 Risk Management Plan August 11, 2021
We are excited to return to sunny southern California for The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute at the picturesque Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa, August 23-26, 2021. To help plan your in-person attendance, visit https://openminds.com/live-mbpi/ for a schedule of events happening throughout the week.
The resurgence of the COVID Delta variant has certainly created new challenges for the country and for our families. Fortunately, the available COVID vaccinations have been very successful in preventing symptomatic infections and illness. But I did want to let you know that our team at OPEN MINDS is committed to making our executive events as safe as possible and have an active risk management plan in place. I wanted to share with you the key elements of our plan:
- Masking. Every participant will receive a mask as part of their registration materials. Unvaccinated people will be required to wear masks – and vaccinated attendees will be encouraged to wear masks. If the local or state governments have more restrictive standards (including mandatory masking or requiring proof of vaccination) at the time of our institutes, we will follow those standards.
- Social Distancing. We are working with the event venue to hold all sessions in the largest possible rooms with seating as far apart as possible. In order to accomplish this, we ask that you select in advance the sessions you plan to attend in-person at the event venue. This will assist us with room and seating arrangements.
- Outdoor Events. Where possible, we will use outdoor spaces for networking events and smaller sessions.
- Hand Sanitation. Hand sanitation stations are available throughout the event venue and hand sanitizer is included in your registration materials, courtesy of our partner, Qualifacts+Credible.
- Virtual Sessions. Every session will be partially or fully available in a virtual capacity:
- We are livestreaming via GoToWebinar our plenary sessions – keynote addresses and plenary panels. You can participate online from your hotel room (or from your home office if you can’t attend on-site). We will be accepting questions from both the onsite and online audiences.
- Each executive seminar is being offered at two separate times, one live at the event venue and the other exclusively for virtual attendees.
- We are recording the audio for each session – and will post the audio along with presentation materials after each session.
- A virtual exhibit hall will be available with access to all exhibitor contact information, product demos, and engagement opportunities.
We will continue to monitor any changes in the CDC recommendations for the continued safety of the public. If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to reach out to a member of our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 877-350-6463. We look forward to seeing you at The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute.
Chief Executive Officer