Humana Inc. plans to acquire One Homecare Solutions (onehome) from WayPoint Capital Partners (WayPoint), the private equity affiliate of a New York-based family investment office. The onehome acquisition strategically aligns with Humana’s pending full integration of Kindred at Home, a large home health and hospice provider organization, and is anticipated to accelerate the development of Humana’s value-based home health offering. Financial terms were not disclosed. The acquisition of onehome is expected to close in the second quarter of 2021.
onehome launched in 2013. It provides a variety of home-based services, and convenes home health services stakeholders. onehome has pioneered a valued-based model in Florida and Texas, and has served Humana members since 2015. onehome’s model creates one integrated point of accountability that coordinates the needs of consumers, physicians, hospitals, and health plans for home-based care. onehome currently manages a range of post-acute needs including infusion care, nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and durable medical equipment services at consumer’s homes, as well as appropriate site of care placement through its skilled nursing facility at home programs.
Humana currently holds 40% interest in Kindred at Home. On April 27, 2021, Humana signed a definitive agreement to acquire the remaining 60% interest for $8.1 billion from TPG Capital and Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe.
As of January 2021, Humana had more than 4.2 million individual Medicare Advantage members nationwide. Its standalone Medicare Part D prescription drug plan had nearly 3.7 million members. Through its state-based Medicaid contracts, Humana had 772,400 members. Additionally, Humana had 777,400 members in group fully-insured commercial health plans, and another 504,900 members enrolled in commercial plans for which Humana served as the administrative services organization. Humana provided services to nearly 6 million military members and families through its TRICARE East Region contract.
This was reported by Humana on June 14, 2021.