The Humana Foundation, philanthropic arm of Humana Inc., awarded $1.8 million to several non-profit organizations in Louisville as part of its ongoing Community Partners Program. The investments support The Foundation’s focus on addressing social determinants of health and driving greater health equity for all who live in the Louisville area.
Since it started in 2018, the Community Partners Program has awarded more than $10 million to community-based organizations. The recipients in 2021 represent smaller non-profit organizations that join a group of 30 organizations receiving funding. The awards will support initiatives that drive sustainable change while addressing disparities in education, community engagement, access-to-care, and financial asset security.
The following non-profit organizations in Louisville will receive Community Partners Program funding from The Humana Foundation in grant amounts varying from $40,000 to $250,000:
- Americana World Community Center
- Black Birth Justice
- Black Community Development Corporation- Hope Wellness Center
- H.O.I.C.E (Children Have Options in Choosing Experiences)
- E.D.D.I. (Global Economic Diversity Development Initiative)
- House of Hope Kentucky
- Ideas xLab- (Un)Known Project
- Louisville Latina Educational Outreach Project
- MOLO Village CDC
- Peace Education Program Inc.
- Re:Land Group LLC- Louisville Center for Community Design
- Russell Place of Promise
- The Louisville Coalition for Black Maternal Health
- The Public Health Literacy Advisory Group
The Humana Foundation was established in 1981 as the philanthropic arm of Humana Inc., a large health insurer. Located in Louisville, Kentucky, the Foundation seeks to co-create communities where leadership, culture, and systems work to improve and sustain positive health outcomes. The Foundation invests within Humana’s service areas in the United States.
This was reported by The Humana Foundation on October 5, 2021.
Contact information: Caraline Coats, Interim Chief Executive Officer, The Humana Foundation, Humana, Inc., 500 W. Main St., Louisville, KY 40202; Website: https://www.humanafoundation.org/Homepage.aspx