Universal Health Services (UHS) will open Canyon Creek Behavioral Health (Canyon Creek) in central Texas in the fall of 2020. Canyon Creek is a brand new facility providing high-quality and advanced behavioral health services. Canyon Creek will have 102 beds. Behavioral health services will be offered to adolescents (ages 12 to 17), adults (aged 18 and above) and older adults (ages 55 and older). The facility will initially begin offering services for adults and will continue to open units and add further services in a phased approach through early 2021. When fully operational in 2021, the new facility is expected add more than 360 jobs to the area.
The facility’s multidisciplinary team includes clinical professionals affiliated with Baylor Scott & White Health. Other features the new facility will include:
- The collaboration of psychiatrists, internal medicine physicians, specialists, certified clinical pharmacists, social workers, psychologists, therapists and other clinical support staff.
- An integrated assessment and referral center.
- Substance use disorder treatment for those who are also receiving care for a mental health diagnosis.
- Telehealth services.
- A commitment to highly specialized academic training programs, including the addition of graduate medical education programs in psychiatry, psychopharmacology and other clinical training opportunities.
- Enhanced and expanded intensive day programs and outpatient care.
Universal Health Services, Inc.’s (UHS) operating philosophy is to develop high quality hospitals in growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading health care provider organization throughout the surrounding communities. Headquartered in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, UHS has more than 87,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 350 inpatient acute care hospitals and behavioral health facilities, and 32 outpatient and other facilities in the United States, Puerto Rico, and the United Kingdom.
This was reported by Universal Health Services on September 23, 2020.
Contact information: Jane Crawford, Director, Public Relations, Universal Health Services, Inc., 367 South Gulph Road, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania 19406; 610-768-3300; Email: UHSComms@gmail.com; Website: www.uhsinc.com