Gettysburg, PA. (February 19, 2023) – February 14 through 16, more than 450 health and human services executives gathered to hear from dozens of thought leaders and industry experts at the Sheraton Sand Key Resort in Clearwater, Florida, for The 2023 OPEN MINDS Performance Management Institute.
This annual assembly is renowned for being the only executive gathering focused on improving the performance of organizations serving consumers with complex needs. Opening day keynotes included the perspectives of Lucet’s Chief Executive Officer, Shana Hoffman, on behavioral health and integrated care—and a look at how health systems are creating behavioral health systems with Rick Shrum, Vice President & Chief Strategy Officer of WakeMed.
The institute also featured The 2023 OPEN MINDS CFO Summit and two executive seminars:
- Getting To The Right Scale: The OPEN MINDS Seminar On Successful Mergers, Acquisitions, & Affiliations
- How To Build (& Succeed With) Value-Based Payer Partnerships: An OPEN MINDS Seminar On Best Practices In Marketing, Negotiating, & Contracting With Health Plans.
The 2023 OPEN MINDS Performance Management Institute was the first of five in the 2023 OPEN MINDS executive education series. Registration for the next institute, The 2023 OPEN MINDS Strategy & Innovation Institute, which will be held June 13 through 15, in New Orleans, Louisiana, is now open at strategy.openminds.com.
Institute session were presented by:
- Rola Aamar, Ph.D. Partner, Behavioral Health Solutions, Relias
- Jenny Blake, BSN, MS, RN Solutions Consultant, Qualifacts
- Suzanne F. Conroy, Senior Director, National Clinical Value Optimization, Optum Health Behavioral Solutions
- Linda Donovan-Magdamo, Chief Program Officer, Resources For Human Development Inc
- Jessica Fenchel, Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, Access Services
- Don J. Fowls, M.D. President, Don Fowls and Associates, LLC
- Erica Gregory, Senior Vice President & General Manager Of Revenue Cycle Management, Netsmart
- Jason Kan, PharmD Vice President Of Product, Genoa Healthcare
- Brian Kutmas, Vice President, Product, ContinuumCloud
- Maggie Labarta, Ph.D. Founder, Impact Non-profit Consulting
- Matt Miles, M.D. Former Chief Medical Officer, Saint Peters Health Partners
- Mike Rhoades, Chief Executive Officer, Alera Health
- Danielle Ross, Vice President & General Manager, IT Services, Netsmart
- Jack Sheehan, Ph.D., MBA Senior Director, Neuroscience Real World Value & Evidence, Janssen Scientific Affairs
- Mellisa Talley, Executive Director, Texas Panhandle Centers
- Kellee Webb, SPHR Chief Human Resources Officer, Cenikor Foundation
For a complete list of speakers and their bio, please visit: performance.openminds.com/faculty/. Attendees of the event will have access to sessions on-demand for thirty days. OPEN MINDS Circle Elite members have unlimited access to institute presentations for the duration of their membership.
The institute is made possible through the support of partners, including Premium Partners Core Solutions, Inc., NephU, Netsmart, NextGen Healthcare, PsychU, and Qualifacts.
Additional support is provided by Gold Partners Alera Health (formerly Blaze Advisors), ContinuumCloud, Genoa Healthcare, Otsuka Market Access, Streamline Healthcare Solutions, and Terrapin Pharmacy.
Affiliate Education Sponsors of the institute included: 5e Analytics, Awake Labs, Beacon Health Options, Cantata Health, Carenodes, CCNY Inc., Concord Technologies, DrFirst, EnSoftek, Evernorth, Health Information Management Systems (HiMS), Humana Healthy Horizons, Inovalon, Integrative, Iris Telehealth, Janssen Pharmaceutical, Kipu Health, Kiriworks, Lucet, Millin Associates, Owl, Relias, Sigmund Software, SilverCloud, and Therapy Brands.
For more information on any of OPEN MINDS’ educational programs, upcoming sponsorship opportunities, or media inquiries, contact the Executive Education Events team at 717-334-1329 or firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT OPEN MINDS
OPEN MINDS is a national market intelligence, management consulting, and marketing services firm specializing exclusively in the markets of the health and human service field that serve consumers with chronic conditions and complex support needs. OPEN MINDS mission is to provide payers, service provider organizations, and technology and scientific firms that serve these consumers with the market and management knowledge needed to improve their organizational efficiency and effectiveness.