GETTYSBURG, PA (April 9, 2023)— August 15 through 17 The 2023 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute in Long Beach, California will feature dozens of industry experts from leading provider organizations and health plans as they explore revenue cycle management and reimbursement models, share best practices for service line decisionmaking and development, lay out the future of home-based services, and dive into the complexities of I/DD services.
Keynote presenters include:
- Briana Duffy, President, National Account Management at Carelon Behavioral Health presenting Success, Stability & Stamina – Management Skillsets Needed For The Modern Behavioral Health Leader on August 16
- Sachin Jain, M.D., MBA, FACP, Chief Executive Officer at SCAN Health Plan and SCAN Group presenting The Future Of Health Plans In A VBR World: A Fireside Chat on August 17
- Monica E. Oss, Chief Executive Officer at OPEN MINDS presenting Going The Distance – Managing Through Times Of Uncertainty on August 17
Featured sessions include:
(view the full agenda at management.openminds.com/agenda)
- Business Continuity Planning – What It Is & How It Is Distinct From Disaster Recovery Planning featuring Rene Hurtado, MBA, Chief Of Staff, and Rene Navarro, MPA, Chief Compliance Officer at Emergence Health Network
- Making Strategy Work – Best Practices For Implementing Your Strategic Plan featuring Debra Manners, President & Chief Executive Officer at Sycamores
- Developing & Contracting For Community Support Services For High-Risk, High-Needs Consumers featuring Ontson Placide, Chief Program Officer at Stanford Sierra Youth & Families
- Developing Home Care Programs For Consumers With Behavioral Health Needs: A Case Study Presentation featuring April Rhodes, MBA, LAMFT, Chief Executive Officer, and Frank Gutierrez, Vice President Of Information Technology at SpectrUm Healthcare
- Improving Your Revenue Cycle Management & Revenue Optimization in FFS, Bundled Rates & Capitated Contracts featuring Heather Stratford, Director Of Revenue Cycle Management at Discovery Behavioral Health
- New Approaches For Community Reentry Services For Corrections-Involved Consumers featuring Tommie Baines, JD, MSW, MPA, Chief Program Officer at San Francisco Adult Probation Department
- Replication Of Successful Service Lines – Strategies For Marketfeaturing Robert Poznanovich, Vice President Of Business Development at Hazelden Betty Ford
- Re-energizing Your Team After Post Pandemic Burnout featuring Amanda Nugent Divine, Ph.D., MA, MS, LMFT, Chief Executive Officer at Kings View
- The Cigna/Evernorth Centers Of Excellence Model: A Briefing & Discussion Session featuring William M. Lopez, MD, CPE, National Medical Director-Virtual Care at Evernorth
The institute will also feature two best practice seminars on Tuesday, August 15 – these half-day, deep-dives will explore critical recruiting best practices and strategies for service line analysis and development.
- The OPEN MINDS 2023 Seminar: Clinical Talent Management Best Practices – Models For Workforce Recruiting, Retention & Talent Optimization led by Sharon Hicks and Ramona Osburn, Senior Associates at OPEN MINDS
- How To Develop A New Service Line: The OPEN MINDS 2023 Seminar On Building A Diversification Strategy & Conducting A Feasibility Analysis led by OPEN MINDS Senior Associates Deanne Cornette, MHA, GPC, and Joseph P. Naughton-Travers, EdM
Two all-day executive summits will also run simultaneously with institute:
- The 2023 OPEN MINDS I/DD Executive Summit on August 16 featuring leaders from AHRC New York City, Boundless, Community Based Care, Merakey, and Happy Ladders.
- The 2023 OPEN MINDS Home-Based Services Executive Summit on August 17 featuring leaders from Easterseals Of SoCal, Hope Services, Pacific Clinics, and SpectrUm Healthcare.
The 2023 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute is focused on driving organizational excellence and world class performance in serving consumers with the most complex needs. The institute goes past theory and policy – and provides a deep dive into the field-tested management best practices needed for sustainability and success.
Registration is now open for this premier institute as part of the All Access Pass at openminds.com/register-now-mbpi/.
Institute registration is an included benefit for partners and OPEN MINDS Circle Elite members. For more information on registration, sponsorship opportunities, or media inquiries, contact the Executive Education & Events team at 717-334-1329 or email@example.com.
- Premier Partners: NephU, Netsmart, NextGen Healthcare, PsychU, Qualifacts
- Gold Partners: Alera Health (Formerly Blaze Advisors), ContinuumCloud, Core Solutions, Inc., Otsuka Market Access, Streamline Healthcare Solutions
- Affiliate Education Sponsors: 5e Analytics, Awake Labs, Carelon, Cantata Health Solutions, CCNY Inc., Concord Technologies, DrFirst, Eleos Health, eVero, Evernorth, Genoa Healthcare, Health Information Management Systems (HiMS), Humana Healthy Horizons, Inovalon, Integrative, Iris Telehealth, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Kipu Health, Kiriworks, Lucet, Millin Associates, Owl, Sigmund Software, Terrapin Pharmacy, Therapy Brands, ZMark Health
About OPEN MINDS
OPEN MINDS is a national market intelligence, management consulting, and marketing services firm specializing exclusively in the markets of the health and human service field that serve consumers with chronic conditions and complex support needs. OPEN MINDS mission is to provide payers, service provider organizations, and technology and scientific firms that serve these consumers with the market and management knowledge needed to improve their organizational efficiency and effectiveness.