Gettysburg, Pa. (May 2, 2021) — OPEN MINDS announced the final faculty for The 2021 OPEN MINDS Strategy & Innovation Institute, taking place virtually, June 14-16, 2021. The focus of this rich three-day executive experience is on developing strategy for post-pandemic sustainability with a focus on the role of innovation in creating an enhanced service line portfolio. Over 30 thought leaders in the health and human service field will lead an information-packed agenda.
In addition to the advanced executive level institute sessions, this year’s institute will feature the annual The OPEN MINDS Integration Summit: A Tale Of Two Years: New Models For Integrated Care In Today’s Post-Pandemic World on Monday, June 14, as well as two executive seminars – How To Develop a Strategic Plan: An OPEN MINDS Executive Seminar On Best Practices in Strategy, Portfolio Management, & Scenario-Based Planning and How To Build Value-Based Payer Partnerships: An OPEN MINDS Executive Seminar On Best Practices In Marketing, Negotiating, & Contracting With Health Plans.
The faculty includes notable thought leaders from Ginger, Talkspace, Lyra Health, RWJBarnabas Health, and Cigna Medical Group.
Rachel O’Neill, PhD, clinical director at Talkspace, Karan Singh, co-founder and chief operating officer at Ginger, and Sean McBride, vice president of partnerships at Lyra Health will kick off the day, on Wednesday, June 16, with their respective keynote presentations on “The Future Of Mental Health Service Delivery: Up Close & Personal With Ginger, Lyra, & Talkspace.” During this keynote panel, presenters will discuss the advancements and innovations in behavioral health virtual care delivery.
DeAnna Minus-Vincent, senior vice president, chief social integration and health equity strategist at RWJBarnabas Health will begin the day, Tuesday, June 15, with her keynote presentation “Making Social Service Supports More Than A Referral.” Ms. Minus-Vincent will share details of the comprehensive program Health Beyond the Hospital (HBH), the barriers HBH is seeking to break down, and how RWJBarnabas Health plans to scale up the program.
Lisa Kay, clinical innovation lead of Cigna Medical Group, will open the The OPEN MINDS Integration Summit: A Tale Of Two Years: New Models For Integrated Care In Today’s Post-Pandemic World. She will discuss the drivers of integration in today’s world and how to navigate the post pandemic world.
Monica E. Oss, chief executive officer at OPEN MINDS, will wrap up the institute with her closing plenary address “What We’ve Done In The Past Won’t Get Us To Where We Need To Be: Transformational Strategy For The Next Normal.” Ms. Oss will answer the question “Can executive teams planning for sustainability continue to do what they’re doing—and how they’re doing it?”
Other featured faculty (see complete list), from leading health care organizations across the country, include:
- Allen Brown, Chief Executive Officer, Adult & Child Health
- Beth Klawitter, Vice President Of Payer Relations, Strategic Behavioral Health
- Caroline Fenkel, LCSW, Chief Clinical Officer, Charlie Health
- Dan Arens, Chief Operating Officer, Adult & Child Health
- David Kobrinetz, Program Director, Telehealth & Outpatient Services, CHE Behavioral Health Services
- Howard Snyder, Director Of Business Development, Active Day
- Jason Ray, President, SimplyHome
- Jerry Bernard, Chief Executive Officer, Charles Lea Center
- Jonathan G. Morphett, Managing Partner, Avondale Partners, LLC
- Kiara Kuenzler, President & Chief Executive Officer, Jefferson Center
- Patrick Maynard, PhD, President & Chief Executive Officer, I Am Boundless
- Peggy Terhune, Ph.D., President & Chief Executive Officer, Monarch
- Rhett Melton, Chief Executive Officer, Partners Behavioral Health Management
- Rob Ryan, Ph.D., Ed.S., Senior Vice President Of Operations, Bowen Center
- Shannon Hannon, MBA, CMPE, Vice President Of Healthcare Integration, Bowen Center
- Teri Hermann, MA, Chief Executive Officer, SPARC Services & Programs
- Todd Rudsenske, Partner, Webster Equity Partners
Additional sessions throughout the institute include (see full agenda):
- Taking On New Competitors & Managing Consumer Preferences In The Next Normal
- Making The Tough Decisions: Knowing When & How To Close A Service Line
- Managing The Board’s Role In Strategic Planning & Oversight: Best Practices For Executives
- Is Your Strategy ‘Mission Impossible?’ Moving From Strategic Plan To Strategic Implementation
- Achieving Size & Scale For Sustainability: When M&A Is The Right Strategy
- Gaining The Competitive Edge: New Marketing & Web Strategies For The Digital First Era Of Health Care
- Ready For Value-Based Reimbursement? Best Practices For Pitching Health Plans
- What’s New In Behavioral Health Treatment Technologies: The Shape Of Things To Come
- VBR: Where’s The Beef? Managing Payer Expectations For Value Over Volume
- Raising The Stakes In The Consumer Experience: Lessons From Netflix & Amazon
- New Technologies Creating New Opportunities For Consumers With Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities
- Market Positioning For Specialized Niche Services: A Primer On Building A Behavioral Health Center Of Excellence
- Innovation Doesn’t Just Happen: A Structured, Staffed, & Budgeted Approach To Take Ideas To Scale
- Who Will Foot The Bill For Innovation? Finding & Pitching Funders For Pilots & New Programs
- New Treatments & Technologies To Manage The Rising Tsunami In Children’s Mental Health
- How To Develop Your Next Big Thing: A Framework For New Service Line Design & Development
- Experience Alone Is Not Enough For Decision-making: Using Metrics To Develop & Evaluate Your Strategic Plan
- What We’ve Done In The Past Won’t Get Us To Where We Need To Be: Transformational Strategy For The Next Normal
The event platinum partners are Qualifacts + Credible, PsychU, NephU, NextGen, Bells.ai, Remarkable Health, and Netsmart.
Other partners and exhibitors include Otsuka Market Access, Genoa Healthcare, Streamline Healthcare Solutions, Welligent, DATIS HR Cloud, Relias, Sigmund Software, TenEleven Group, Dr. First, Eccovia, Harris Coordinated Care Solutions, i2i Population Health, Iris Population Health, Millin Associates, Sparkrock, The Echo Group, Tridiuum, and Wex.
Virtual exhibitors will showcase new products and services in the exhibit hall. Attendees will have opportunities to schedule one-on-one meetings with partners by visiting their booths. More information about all event partners is available at https://strategy.openminds.com/sponsors.
To view the full agenda, all faculty, and for more information about the institute, visit: https://strategy.openminds.com.
Registration for this exclusive institute is $700 and is now available at https://openminds.com/register-now-sii/. Registration is complimentary for Elite-level subscribers to OPEN MINDS Circle market intelligence services. For more information on the program, sponsorship opportunities, or media inquiries, contact the Executive Education & Events team, at 877-350-6463 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT OPEN MINDS
OPEN MINDS is a national market intelligence, management consulting, and marketing services firm specializing exclusively in the markets of the health and human service field that serve consumers with chronic conditions and complex support needs. OPEN MINDS’ mission is to provide payers, service provider organizations, and technology and scientific firms that serve these consumers with the market and management knowledge needed to improve their organizational efficiency and effectiveness.