GETTYSBURG, Pa. (September 19, 2021)—OPEN MINDS has announced that Dave Richard, North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, Medicaid and Health Choice Programs will kick off The 2021 OPEN MINDS Care Innovations Summit in-person on October 25, 2021, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. PT in Las Vegas, Nevada. Dave Richard’s keynote, From Policy To Action: How One State Is Implementing Sweeping Medicaid Reform & The Implications For Provider Organizations, will begin at 9:15 a.m. PT.
The OPEN MINDS Care Innovation Summit will offer an overview of the trends driving innovation in the health and human service market, a review of the OPEN MINDS strategic framework for launching sustainable treatment programs, and a deep dive with case study presentations on cutting-edge, new clinical programs to ensure that consumers have access to the right services and supports at the right time. Attendees can also join a roundtable discussion on the challenges of innovation for specialty provider organizations and health plans, as well as hear how payers are prepared to support innovation to improve access to care.
Summit sessions include several innovative case studies:
- The Transition To Community Living Initiative: North Carolina’s Continuous Effort To Provide Community Living To All Individuals & The Impact Of Data & Technology In This Effort, presented by Sam Hedrick, JD, Senior Advisor ADA, Transitions to Community Living, North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Just What The Doctor Ordered: Telehealth Care Delivery For Adults With Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities, presented by Hope Levy, Executive Director, Premier HealthCare
- Measure Progress, Not Perfection: Applying Measurement-Based Care To Addiction Treatment, featuring Vertava’s Marjorie Pettingell, Senior Vice President, Quality; Daniel Coyne, CARN Director, Utilization Review; and Melissa Stocker, CHPN Director, Quality
- Join co-chairs Carol Clayton, Ph.D. and Paul Duck, and all Summit presenters in a closing Executive Roundtable Selecting & Implementing Digital Health Solutions
Don’t miss this exclusive opportunity to hear directly from the organizations leading the way. Registration for this unique learning opportunity is now open. The OPEN MINDS’ team hopes to see you and your team in a few weeks!
Mr. Richard’s vision for Medicaid is to ensure a sustainable, person-centered, and innovative Medicaid program for more than 2 million North Carolinians who use Medicaid. Prior to leading Medicaid, Mr. Richard was the Deputy Secretary for Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Behavioral Health and Developmental Disability Services and the State Operated Healthcare Facilities divisions. He joined DHHS in May 2013 as the Director of the Division of Mental Health, Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, and Substance Abuse Services.
The 2021 OPEN MINDS Care Innovation Summit precedes The 2021 OPEN MINDS Technology & Analytics Institute, which runs from October 25 to 28. The Institute is the only boot camp for c-suite executives focused on how to leverage technology for strategic advantage in the “next normal”–from strategy, to budgeting, to optimization.
As part of the institute, OPEN MINDS will also be holding two topical seminars:
- Making The Right Technology Investments For Your Organization: An OPEN MINDS Executive Seminar On Technology Strategy, Budgeting & Planning, featuring OPEN MINDS Senior Associates Ken Carr and Sharon Hicks
- Finding An Electronic Health Record System For Your Future: The OPEN MINDS Seminar On Best Practices In EHR Selection, Contracting & Optimization, featuring Ms. Hicks along with OPEN MINDS Senior Associate Joseph P. Naughton-Travers, Ed.M.
Individual registrations for the summit are $300. The All-Access Pass to The 2021 OPEN MINDS Technology and Analytics Institute is $900. The All-Access Institute includes the Care Innovations Summit and both seminars.
Registration is included in Elite-level subscriptions to the OPEN MINDS Circle market intelligence service. For more information on the program, sponsorship opportunities, or media inquiries, contact the Executive Education & Events team, at 717-334-1329 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About OPEN MINDS
OPEN MINDS is a national market intelligence, management consulting, and marketing services firm specializing exclusively in the markets of the health and human service field that serve consumers with chronic conditions and complex support needs. OPEN MINDS‘ mission is to provide payers, service provider organizations, and technology and scientific firms that serve these consumers with the market and management knowledge needed to improve their organizational efficiency and effectiveness.