GETTYSBURG, Pa. (May 31, 2021) – OPEN MINDS announces Carole Matyas from WellCare and Jeffrey D. McCausland, Ph.D. from Dickinson College will be keynote speakers at The 2021 OPEN MINDS Executive Leadership Retreat. The retreat will return to the Wyndham Gettysburg in Gettysburg, PA from September 20-24, 2021. The 2021 OPEN MINDS Executive Leadership Retreat is the only retreat designed to provide health and human service leaders with the strategy insights, business practice models, and personal resiliency tools they need to tackle the unique challenges of a changing health and human service market in the “next normal.”
On Wednesday, September 22, Carole Matyas, vice president for WellCare will begin the day with her keynote address “The Future Of Managing Care For Consumers With An SMI—What Works.” In her keynote, Ms. Matyas will review Sunshine Health Plan programs that are showing promising positive outcomes such as reduced use of acute/crisis care, better engagement with primary care that improves medical health outcomes and addresses high comorbidity issues, stabilized community-based living environment by addressing social needs for the enrolled Medicaid and Medicare members served.
Ms. Matyas has more than 30 years of behavioral health-related experience, with 20 of those years of experience in health plan operations. She oversees the SMI Specialty Plan in Florida and has responsibility for overall operation of the program.
On Thursday, September 23, Dr. McCausland, who is an author and a visiting professor at Dickinson College, will kick off the day with his keynote, “What Can Modern Leaders Learn From Leadership During The Battle Of Gettysburg?” Attendees will learn how such an iconic event provides contemporary leaders a superb opportunity to examine enduring leadership principles, including: leading under pressure and stress, making tough decisions, and anticipating and responding to the ‘unexpected’. Attendees will learn these principles through the lenses of military officers Lee, Stuart, Meade, and many others. Following his keynote session, Dr. McCausland will sign copies of his recent book “Battle Tested!: Gettysburg Leadership Lessons for 21st Century Leaders.” Prior to his keynote and book signing, Dr. McCausland will lead a morning walk through the battlefield, beginning at Culp’s Hill on Confederate Avenue, and ending on Gettysburg’s Baltimore Avenue. Attendees will learn more about the historical monuments at Spangler’s Spring and Culp’s Hill, and about the role of Major General Henry Warner Slocum.
Dr. McCausland is a retired Colonel from the US Army and completed his active-duty service in the United States Army in 2002 culminating his career as Dean of Academics, United States Army War College. In 2020 he published a book, Battle Tested! Leadership Lessons for 21st Century Leaders. He is also a Visiting Professor of International Security at Dickinson College in Carlisle, Pennsylvania.
Along with these exceptional keynote speakers, OPEN MINDS will host The OPEN MINDS Mergers, Acquisitions, & Affiliations Summit: Improving Competitive Advantage In The Next Normal on Monday, September 20, as well as two executive seminars:
- The New CFO Challenge: An OPEN MINDS Seminar On Keeping Your Cost In Sync With Your Rates In A Changing Market
- Aligning Your Board To The New Sustainability Challenge: An OPEN MINDS Seminar On Non-Profit Management
The retreat is being held in conjunction with key industry partners. OPEN MINDS Platinum Partners include:
- Qualifacts + Credible
- Remarkable Health
OPEN MINDS Gold and Silver Partners include:
- Otsuka Market Access
- Genoa Healthcare
- Streamline Healthcare Solutions
OPEN MINDS Bronze Partners for this event include:
- DATIS HR Cloud
- Sigmund Software
- TenEleven Group
OPEN MINDS Affiliate Partners include:
- Dr. First
- Harris Coordinated Care Solutions
- i2i Population Health
- Iris Population Health
- Millin Associates
- The Echo Group
OPEN MINDS Association Partners include:
- Alabama Council of Community Mental Health Boards
- Alliance for Strong Families & Communities
- California Alliance of Child and Family Services
- California Council of Community Behavioral Health Agencies
- Child Welfare League of America
- Colorado Association of Family and Children’s Agencies
- Colorado Behavioral Healthcare Council
- Community Behavioral Health Association of Maryland
- Connecticut Community Nonprofit Alliance
- Florida Council for Community Mental Health
- Iowa Association Of Community Providers
- Minnesota Assoc. of Community Mental Health Programs
- Missouri Coalition of Children’s Agencies
- National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers
- New Jersey Alliance for Children, Youth & Families
- New Jersey Association of Community Providers
- New Jersey Association of Mental Health and Addiction Agencies
- Rehabilitation & Community Providers Association
- The Ohio Council of Behavioral Health and Family Services Providers
- Together Georgia
- Vermont Council of Developmental and Mental Health Services
- Virginia Association of Community Services Boards (VACSB)
- West Virginia Behavioral Healthcare Providers Association
For more information about the retreat: https://leadership.openminds.com/.
Registration for this exclusive retreat is now available at https://openminds.com/register-now-elr/. Registration is included in Elite-level subscriptions to the OPEN MINDS Circle market intelligence service. For more information on the program, sponsorship opportunities, or media inquiries, contact the Executive Education & Events team, at 717-334-1329 or email@example.com.
About OPEN MINDS
OPEN MINDS is a national market intelligence, management consulting, and marketing services firm specializing exclusively in the markets of the health and human service field that serve consumers with chronic conditions and complex support needs. OPEN MINDS’ mission is to provide payers, service provider organizations, and technology and scientific firms that serve these consumers with the market and management knowledge needed to improve their organizational efficiency and effectiveness.