GETTYSBURG, Pa. (July 11, 2021) — OPEN MINDS has announced that Dr. Caroline Carney, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, Magellan Health will keynote The OPEN MINDS Health Plan Partnership Summit: An Assessment Of Payer Partnership Priorities In The Next Normal, which will be held live and in-person on August 26, 2021 from 8:00am – 4:00pm PT in Newport Bach, California.
For provider organization executives, understanding the dynamics of the health plans in their market is the key to creating preferred health plan relationships. The question executives are asking themselves is ‘how?’ We will explore the answer to that question in this engaging summit designed to help executives understand the new needs of payers, reposition existing service lines through payer-oriented solution marketing, and build mutually beneficial health plan partnerships.
This summit’s agenda will include a market briefing on the state of payer system realignment, informative case studies with key opinion leader executives, thought leader discussions, and interactive dialogue with attendees.
Dr. Carney’s keynote address, Transformation To A Collaborative Care Model – A Reimagined Partnership Approach will begin at 9:30am PT. She will discuss Magellan’s focus on increasing accessibility to care, and how provider organizations can best partner with the health plan. Dr. Carney is a board-certified internist and a board-certified psychiatrist. She joined Magellan Health in 2016 and serves as Magellan Health’s Chief Medical Officer, overseeing Magellan Healthcare and Magellan RX Management. Her previous experience includes the role of SVP Chief Medical Officer of Magellan Behavioral Health and Magellan Specialty Health. She served as the chief medical officer for regional health plans where she gained experience in Medicaid, Medicare, Exchange, and commercial populations.
Case studies and presenters:
- CareOregon: A Case Study In Provider Network Stabilization & Patient Experience Improvement presented by Eric Hunter, President & Chief Executive Officer, CareOregon
- Uplift Family Services: A Case Study In Building A Strong Community Payer/Provider Partnership Through Innovative, Research-Based Care presented by Eleanor Castillo Sumi, Ph.D., BCBA-D, Vice President of Research & Program Development, Uplift Family Services
- Windstone Health: A Southern California Success Story Of Sustainability presented by Peter J. Davidson, Chief Executive Officer, Windstone Health Services; Krystal Melgoza, Provider Relations Manager, Windstone Health Services; and Lesley Nolen, Director of Business Development, Windstone Health Services
- Lunch & Learn – Sponsored By Netsmart: “P” Is For Payers, Priorities, Partnership … & Platforms
The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute, proceeding the summit on August 24th and 25th, is the only national event focused on the management best practices and “must-have” competencies every executive needs to improve the service system for consumers with complex conditions. The management practices – clinical, financial, and administrative – needed for sustainability in the “next normal” are the intensive focus of this meeting designed to put executives and their organizations ahead of the curve.
As part of the institute, OPEN MINDS will also be holding two topical seminars, and one additional summit:
- How To Optimize Technology: An OPEN MINDS Seminar On Getting The Most Value From Your Technology Investments
- How To Develop A Successful Marketing Plan: The OPEN MINDS Seminar On Marketing Strategy
- The OPEN MINDS 2021 I/DD Executive Summit: Strategies For The Next Normal: Responding To I/DD At The Crossroads – Sponsored by CapGrow Partners
Registration for the Health Plan Partnership Summit is $300. The All-Access Institute Pass to The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute includes both summits and seminars.
Registration is included in Elite-level subscriptions to the OPEN MINDS Circle market intelligence service. For more information on the program, sponsorship opportunities, or media inquiries, contact the Executive Education & Events team, at 717-334-1329 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About OPEN MINDS
OPEN MINDS is a national market intelligence, management consulting, and marketing services firm specializing exclusively in the markets of the health and human service field that serve consumers with chronic conditions and complex support needs. OPEN MINDS‘ mission is to provide payers, service provider organizations, and technology and scientific firms that serve these consumers with the market and management knowledge needed to improve their organizational efficiency and effectiveness.