GETTYSBURG, Pa. (July 25, 2021) — OPEN MINDS has announced that Victor Armstrong, North Carolina’s Division Director of Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities & Substance Abuse Services, will keynote The OPEN MINDS 2021 I/DD Executive Summit: Strategies For The Next Normal: Responding To I/DD At The Crossroads, taking place in Newport Beach, California on Monday, August 23, 2021. The 2021 I/DD Executive Summit, sponsored by CapGrow Partners, will provide innovative tools and resources that organizations serving people with intellectual/developmental disabilities (I/DD) need to build efficient service models and business processes, while delivering person-directed care. This “must-attend” summit event lays out a clear picture of the future of I/DD services.
During this one day event, we will hear from executives on specific case studies with regard to their leadership efforts. You will see how innovative technologies are being incorporated to improve care and business processes; review key competencies organizations that serve the I/DD population will need for success; and examine the viability of mergers, acquisitions, and affiliations. Despite last year’s turbulence, growth in this area is expected, and the OPEN MINDS & CapGrow Partners 2021 I/DD Executive Summit aims to help your organization meet the challenges and opportunities ahead.
Victor Armstrong’s keynote address, The I/DD Landscape: Looking Ahead To The ‘Next Normal’ will begin at 9:15am PT on August 23, 2021. Join us as he shares his thoughts on the next crucial issues facing state I/DD services. Mr. Armstrong’s keynote presentation will include details on the care management coordination and social determinants of health initiatives from his home state of North Carolina, and how they are relevant to the I/DD population. The session will highlight what I/DD providers need to think about to prepare for the next normal. Mr. Armstrong has dedicated his career to building and strengthening community resources to serve individuals living with mental illness. He also currently serves on the board of directors of American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) NC.
Case studies and presenters:
- Innovative Value-Based Contracting & Alternative Payment Models For I/DD Services – The Health Plan Perspective presented by Nanette Perrin, Senior Director of Kansas Pathways, RCRS & Social Determinants of Health, Sunflower Health PlanStephanie Rasmussen, Vice President of Long Term Supports & Services, Sunflower Health Plan Stephanie Perry, Director of Long Term Care & Support Services, Iowa Total Care
- Peer Mentor Training For People With I/DD presented by Tracy Sanders, M.Ed., Sr. Director, Medicaid Complex Population Development, Optum Behavioral Health Kelly Friedlander, Principal Consultant, Community Bridge Consulting Group
- What’s Ahead For State I/DD Programs? A Look At How To Fundamentally Transform The System Of Community-Based Disability Supports presented by Barbara Merrill, Chief Executive Officer, ANCOR
- Beyond The Concept Phase: Using Smart Support Technology To Solve The Problems Facing I/DD Services presented by Brian Hart, Chief Strategy Officer, Living Arrangements For The Developmentally Disabled (LADD)
- Lunch & Learn – Sponsored By Netsmart: Tools To Improve The Quality Of Life: For You & Those You Serve presented by Tricia Zerger, Director of Developmental Services, Netsmart Neal Tilghman, General Manager, Integrated Care, Netsmart
Join us at the end of the day for a roundtable discussion, led by OPEN MINDS’ senior associates Ray Wolfe, JD, and Peggy Terhune, where you will have the opportunity to engage with the presenters, discuss the future of I/DD care, and ask questions about care model challenges & opportunities.
You can view the full agenda at: https://openminds.com/live-mbpi/sessions/.
The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute, following the summit on August 24 and 25, is the only national event focused on the management best practices and “must-have” competencies every executive needs to improve the service system for consumers with complex conditions. The management practices – clinical, financial, and administrative – needed for sustainability in the “next normal” are the intensive focus of this meeting designed to put executives and their organizations ahead of the curve.
As part of the institute, OPEN MINDS will also be holding two topical seminars, and one additional summit:
- How To Optimize Technology: An OPEN MINDS Seminar On Getting The Most Value From Your Technology Investments
- How To Develop A Successful Marketing Plan: The OPEN MINDS Seminar On Marketing Strategy
- The OPEN MINDS Health Plan Partnership Summit: A Guide To Developing & Negotiating Partnership Agreements With Health Plans
Registration for the I/DD Summit is $300. The All-Access Institute Pass to The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute includes both summits and seminars.
Registration is included in Elite-level subscriptions to the OPEN MINDS Circle market intelligence service. For more information on the program, sponsorship opportunities, or media inquiries, contact the Executive Education & Events team, at 717-334-1329 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About CapGrow Partners
CapGrow Partners helps organizations provide safe and appropriate housing for individuals with a brain injury, behavioral health needs and intellectual and developmental disabilities. They provide tailored lease programs and develop long-term relationships that allow our partners to focus greater time and resources on fulfilling their operational goals and objectives. CapGrow Partners owns hundreds of homes in dozens of states across the country and enable organizations to improve the lives of those individuals they help. To learn more about CapGrow Partners and their leasing solutions, please visit www.capgrowpartners.com or call 773-327-7691.
About OPEN MINDS
OPEN MINDS is a national market intelligence, management consulting, and marketing services firm specializing exclusively in the markets of the health and human service field that serve consumers with chronic conditions and complex support needs. OPEN MINDS‘ mission is to provide payers, service provider organizations, and technology and scientific firms that serve these consumers with the market and management knowledge needed to improve their organizational efficiency and effectiveness.