GETTYSBURG, Pa. (October 31, 2021) — More than 400 executives registered to take part in The 2021 OPEN MINDS Technology & Analytics Institute, held in-person and virtually from October 25-November 1. The 250+ on-site attendees were immersed in how to leverage technology for strategic advantage in the “next normal” – from strategy, to budgeting, to optimization. Session recordings, presentations, and exhibit booths will remain available to registered attendees at https://technology.openminds.com/ until November 30.
The event featured three insightful keynote speakers. Joseph Kvedar, M.D., vice president of connected health, Health Partners Massachusetts and president, American Telehealth Association, shared his perspective on the evolving, digital-first health care landscape in the ‘next normal.’ Joseph Lee, M.D., president & chief executive officer, Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation, discussed the importance of an integrated care continuum, clinical excellence, technology, and collaboration in creating an ecosystem of education, treatment and support that meets individuals, families, and communities where they are. And Monica E. Oss, chief executive officer at OPEN MINDS wrapped up the institute by sharing an up-to-the-minute look at the critical changes in the technology landscape for serving complex consumers – and what they mean for organizational sustainability post-pandemic.
Other featured speakers at the event included:
- Sue Amero, Operations Manager, Wings For Children and Families, Inc.
- Dr. Kate Cordell, Ph.D., M.P.H., CEO, Chief Scientific Officer and Co-Founder, Opeeka, Inc.
- Daniel Coyne, MFA, BSN, CARN, Director, Utilization Review, Vertava Health
- Ken Dales, Chief Information Officer, The Arc Mid-Hudson
- Kristen Daugherty, LCSW-S, LISW-S, MBA, Chief Executive Officer, Emergence Health Network
- Javier Favela, Vice President, Behavioral Health Solutions, NextGen Healthcare
- Peter Flick, Founder and CEO, Remarkable Health
- Don Fowls, M.D., President, Don Fowls & Associates
- Courtney Frank, Director of Health Operations, Citizen Advocates
- Jerold Greer, Chief Information Officer, Daymark Recovery Services
- Sandra K. (Sam) Hedrick, RN, JD, Senior Advisor, ADA Transitions to Community Living, North Carolina Department of Health & Human Services
- Kati Jock, Chief Integration Officer, Citizen Advocates
- Mary C. Jones, LCMFT, LCAC, President/CEO , Mental Health Association of South-Central Kansas
- Dylan Kane, Senior Account Executive, ContinuumCloud
- Hope Levy, Executive Director, Premier HealthCare
- Anna Lindow, CEO & Co-Founder, Brave Health
- Amy Anderson, Account Director, Tridiuum
- Katie Morrow, Vice President of Compliance, Streamline Healthcare Solutions
- John Nisky, Senior Director, Behavioral Health, Ohio, CareSource
- Marjorie Pettingell MSW, LICSW, Senior Vice President, Quality, Vertava Health
- Tim Pratt, Senior Product Manager, Streamline Healthcare Solutions
- Dave Richard, Deputy Secretary, North Carolina Medicaid & North Carolina Health Choice Programs
- Jon Schafer, Vice President, Customer Experience, Remarkable Health
- Melissa Stöcker, BSN, RN, Director, Quality, Vertava Health
- Neal Tilghman, MPA General Manager, Integrated Care, Netsmart
- Sherry Tucker, Chief Executive Officer, WellLife Network, Inc.
- Jesse Weidner, Solutions Consultant Manager, Qualifacts + Credible
The week featured a pre-institute summit and two executive seminars:
- The OPEN MINDS Care Innovation Summit
- Making The Right Technology Investments For Your Organization: An OPEN MINDS Executive Seminar On Technology Strategy, Budgeting & Planning
- Finding An Electronic Health Record System For Your Future: The OPEN MINDS Seminar On Best Practices In EHR Selection, Contracting & Optimization
The institute was produced in collaboration with several exhibiting event partners, including Kiriworks, Odyssey, Opeeka, Secure Telehealth, and iCentrix.
OPEN MINDS Platinum Partners include Qualifacts + Credible, PsychU, NephU, NextGen Healthcare, Remarkable Health, Bells, and Netsmart.
OPEN MINDS Gold, Silver, and Bronze Partners include Otsuka Market Access, Genoa Healthcare, Streamline Healthcare Solutions, Welligent, HiMS EHR Solutions For Integrated Health Care, DATIS HR Cloud, Relias, and TenEleven Group.
OPEN MINDS Affiliate Sponsors include Cantata Health Solutions, DrFirst, Eccovia, Ensoftek, Field Worker AI, GenoMind, Harris Coordinated Care Solutions, Humana Health Horizons, i2i Population Health, iCANotes, Iris Telehealth, Millin Associates, Owl, Sigmund Software, The Echo Group, and Tridiuum.
OPEN MINDS Association Partners include:
- Alabama Council of Community Mental Health Boards
- Alliance for Strong Families & Communities
- California Alliance of Child and Family Services
- California Council of Community Behavioral Health Agencies
- Child Welfare League of America
- Colorado Association of Family and Children’s Agencies
- Colorado Behavioral Healthcare Council
- Connecticut Community Nonprofit Alliance
- Florida Council for Community Mental Health
- Community Behavioral Health Association of Maryland
- Minnesota Assoc. of Community Mental Health Programs
- Missouri Coalition of Children’s Agencies
- National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers
- New Jersey Alliance for Children, Youth & Families
- New Jersey Association of Community Providers
- New Jersey Association of Mental Health and Addiction Agencies
- The Ohio Council of Behavioral Health and Family Services Providers
- Rehabilitation & Community Providers Association
- Vermont Council of Developmental and Mental Health Services
- Virginia Association of Community Services Boards (VACSB)
- West Virginia Behavioral Healthcare Providers Association
- Together Georgia
- Iowa Association Of Community Providers
Next in the OPEN MINDS executive education series is The 2022 OPEN MINDS Performance Management Institute, being held February 15-17, 2022, in Clearwater Beach, Florida. The only event providing the tools executives need to manage performance in this time of transition – focused specifically on the needs of executives in health and human service organizations serving consumers with complex needs and chronic conditions.
Registration is complimentary for Elite-level members of OPEN MINDS Circle, a market intelligence online community. You can register now by clicking here.
For more information on the program, upcoming sponsorship opportunities, or media inquiries, contact the Executive Education Events team, at 717-334-1329 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT OPEN MINDS
OPEN MINDS is a national market intelligence, management consulting, and marketing services firm specializing exclusively in the markets of the health and human service field that serve consumers with chronic conditions and complex support needs. OPEN MINDS‘ mission is to provide payers, service provider organizations, and technology and scientific firms that serve these consumers with the market and management knowledge needed to improve their organizational efficiency and effectiveness.