GETTYSBURG, PA. (January 15, 2023) — Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc. and OPEN MINDS have partnered to release Trends In The U.S. Behavioral Health Financing & Delivery System: A 2022 Supplement.
- The growing importance of social determents of health
- Investments in telehealth and digital health’s role in care post-pandemic
- Health plan acquisitions and development of provider networks
- The growth of retail health care and its projected impact on the health care market
This supplement builds on the original survey work from 2021 and outlines the emerging changes that have and are occurring to reshape the treatment of behavioral health disorders. It concludes with a high-level look ahead to 2023 and what will be featured in the next Trends In Behavioral Health Guide.
The Market Access 2022 Supplement Trends In Behavioral Health was released and is available for download free of charge on PsychU.org.
About The Trends in Behavioral Health Series
The Trends in Behavioral Health guides provide information and insights into the multi-layered United States behavioral health system. They include in-depth view of current statistics, prevailing issues, and emerging trends in order to inform the discussions, debates, and decision-making of policy-makers, payers, providers, advocates and consumers. The complete Guides address current behavioral health care trends topics, including:
- A look at the national policy that is shaping the U.S. health and human services market
- A view of the state behavioral health delivery systems that were created by a combination of historical practices, federal and state policy, and market factors over recent years
- An examination of the practices of health plans that manage both physical and behavioral health care for the vast majority of the U.S. population
- A deep-dive into behavioral health care access and delivery of care from the consumer perspective
The Guide Updates provide concise summaries of major changes occurring in the industry. These include high-level impacts of situations affecting behavioral health care (such as COVID-19), new trends, policy changes, and much more.
About Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. is a global health care company with the corporate philosophy: “Otsuka–people creating new products for better health worldwide.” Otsuka researches, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative products, with a focus on pharmaceutical products to meet unmet medical needs and nutraceutical products for the maintenance of everyday health.
About OPEN MINDS
OPEN MINDS is an award-winning information source, executive education provider, and business solutions firm specializing in the behavioral health and human service field. For thirty years, we have been pioneers for change – helping organizations implement the transformational business practices they need to succeed in an evolving market with new policies and regulations.
OPEN MINDS is powered by a national team of experienced executives and subject matter experts with specific market expertise and experience within the field of health and human services. Our mission is to improve the quality of care for individuals with complex care and support needs by improving the effectiveness of those serving them – provider organizations, payer and insurance organizations, government agencies, pharmaceutical organizations, and technology firms. Learn more at www.openminds.com
August 2022 US.CORP.X.22.00576