Gettysburg, Pa. (May 14, 2023) — On Wednesday, June 14th OPEN MINDS will offer a deep dive into strategies for navigating changing Medicaid, managed care, and health plan expectations in the session Preparing For CalAIM – Developing A Strategy For New & Innovative Service Line Development.
This session, led by Richard Louis III, Vice President of the Western Region at OPEN MINDS, and Stuart Buttlaire, Ph.D., MBA, Regional Director of Behavioral Health and Addiction Medicine at Kaiser Permanente, will be featured at The 2023 OPEN MINDS Strategy & Innovation Institute in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Throughout the session, attendees will:
- Learn about new service line opportunities for specialty provider organizations and primary care organizations
- Explore best practice approaches for service line development and integrated models of care
- Discover innovative service delivery of mental health services in a whole-person care environment
- Examine best practice strategies for sustainability in a changing Medicaid landscape
Stuart Buttlaire, Ph.D., MBA, Regional Director of Behavioral Health and Addiction Medicine at Kaiser Permanente brings noted expertise in inpatient psychiatry, mental health, and acute and subacute services. Dr. Buttlaire has more than 30 years of clinical and management experience, providing leadership and direction in health care delivery. He is the lead mental health representative within Kaiser Permanente’s State Program Initiatives, the designated resource management director for behavioral health, and the lead in the design of the inpatient psychiatric hospital at Kaiser Santa Clara Medical Center.
Richard Louis III Vice President, of Western Region at OPEN MINDS has extensive experience as a behavioral health care administrator, business development specialist, and innovator of new service lines for behavioral health care organizations. Previously, Mr. Louis was the Director of Development – Behavior & Addiction Medicine at Southern California Healthcare Systems Inc. / Prospect Medical. He also served as the Executive Director of Strategic Development and Planning at Pathways – Molina Healthcare, a national for-profit behavioral health care company operating in 23 states.
Preparing For CalAIM – Developing A Strategy For New & Innovative Service Line Development will be featured at the The 2023 OPEN MINDS Strategy & Innovation Institute, a three-day executive gathering focused on developing growth strategies and nurturing the innovations that fuel the health and human services industry. Learn from executives at leading provider organizations and health plans as they share their approaches to building service lines and service systems.
Registration is now open for this three-day institute at openminds.com/register-now-sii.
Institute registration is an included benefit for partners and OPEN MINDS Circle Elite members. For more information on registration, sponsorship opportunities, or media inquiries, contact the Executive Education & Events team at 717-334-1329 or email@example.com.
California Advancing and Innovating Medi-Cal (CalAIM) is a long-term commitment to transform and strengthen CA Medicaid (Medi-Cal), offering 14M+ beneficiaries a more equitable, coordinated, and person-centered approach to maximizing their health.
The CA Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) is transforming the Medi-Cal delivery system moving Medi-Cal towards a population health approach that prioritizes prevention and whole-person care. CalAIM will offer Medi-Cal enrollees coordinated and equitable access to services that address physical, behavioral, developmental, dental, and long-term care needs. The multi-year implementation, began in 2022, with the final provisions projected to go live by 2027.
- Premier Partners: NephU, Netsmart, NextGen Healthcare, PsychU, Qualifacts
- Gold Partners: Alera Health (Formerly Blaze Advisors), ContinuumCloud, Core Solutions, Inc., Otsuka Market Access, Streamline Healthcare Solutions
- Affiliate Education Sponsors: 5e Analytics, Awake Labs, Carelon, Cantata Health Solutions, CCNY Inc., Concord Technologies, DrFirst, Eleos Health, eVero, Evernorth, Genoa Healthcare, Health Information Management Systems (HiMS), Humana Healthy Horizons, Inovalon, Integrative, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Kipu Health, Kiriworks, Lucet, Millin Associates, Owl, Sigmund Software, Terrapin Pharmacy, Therapy Brands, Waypoint Interactive, ZMark Health
About OPEN MINDS
OPEN MINDS is a national market intelligence, management consulting, and marketing services firm specializing exclusively in the markets of the health and human service field that serve consumers with chronic conditions and complex support needs. OPEN MINDS mission is to provide payers, service provider organizations, and technology and scientific firms that serve these consumers with the market and management knowledge needed to improve their organizational efficiency and effectiveness.