Cory Thornton joined OPEN MINDS in 2011 as the key author and editor of OPEN MINDS publications, and currently, manages strategy and production of all OPEN MINDS market intelligence products and services.
Prior to his current position, Mr. Thornton spent five years developing, building and managing online content for some of the largest universities in the nation. As a Managing Editor for CBS Interactive, he was responsible for the content management of 14 official athletic websites and acquired the technical, graphic design, and editing skills necessary to achieve the diverse online goals of high profile clients such as The University of Alabama, The University of Tennessee, and Auburn University. He worked to achieve his clients’ comprehensive coverage goals, including but not limited to shaping the online message, branding, ticketing, advertising, and marketing geared toward a diverse audience.
Mr. Thornton’s previous experience also includes; conducting box office promotions for the 2005 Acura Classic, a Tier I women’s tennis tournament on the 2005 WTA Tour; serving as an Assistant Information Director at Washington and Lee University; a Communications & Marketing graduate assistant for Shippensburg University; and a Communications & Public Relations Intern at Gettysburg College.
As a former writer for the Washington and Lee University, Shippensburg University, and Gettysburg College, he is experienced writing content sensitive to organizational missions. During those years he earned a solid public relations and marketing education while serving as an editor for all athletic department publications, conducting interviews, managing and producing event coverage, compiling comprehensive statistical records, and assisting senior management in research and content planning.
Mr. Thornton received a Master’s Degree in Communication Studies from the Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania and a Master’s of Fine Art in writing from Rosemont College. He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in English Communications from Lebanon Valley College.
COVID-19 Risk Management Plan August 11, 2021
We are excited to return to sunny southern California for The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute at the picturesque Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa, August 23-26, 2021. To help plan your in-person attendance, visit https://openminds.com/live-mbpi/ for a schedule of events happening throughout the week.
The resurgence of the COVID Delta variant has certainly created new challenges for the country and for our families. Fortunately, the available COVID vaccinations have been very successful in preventing symptomatic infections and illness. But I did want to let you know that our team at OPEN MINDS is committed to making our executive events as safe as possible and have an active risk management plan in place. I wanted to share with you the key elements of our plan:
- Masking. Every participant will receive a mask as part of their registration materials. Unvaccinated people will be required to wear masks – and vaccinated attendees will be encouraged to wear masks. If the local or state governments have more restrictive standards (including mandatory masking or requiring proof of vaccination) at the time of our institutes, we will follow those standards.
- Social Distancing. We are working with the event venue to hold all sessions in the largest possible rooms with seating as far apart as possible. In order to accomplish this, we ask that you select in advance the sessions you plan to attend in-person at the event venue. This will assist us with room and seating arrangements.
- Outdoor Events. Where possible, we will use outdoor spaces for networking events and smaller sessions.
- Hand Sanitation. Hand sanitation stations are available throughout the event venue and hand sanitizer is included in your registration materials, courtesy of our partner, Qualifacts+Credible.
- Virtual Sessions. Every session will be partially or fully available in a virtual capacity:
- We are livestreaming via GoToWebinar our plenary sessions – keynote addresses and plenary panels. You can participate online from your hotel room (or from your home office if you can’t attend on-site). We will be accepting questions from both the onsite and online audiences.
- Each executive seminar is being offered at two separate times, one live at the event venue and the other exclusively for virtual attendees.
- We are recording the audio for each session – and will post the audio along with presentation materials after each session.
- A virtual exhibit hall will be available with access to all exhibitor contact information, product demos, and engagement opportunities.
We will continue to monitor any changes in the CDC recommendations for the continued safety of the public. If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to reach out to a member of our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 877-350-6463. We look forward to seeing you at The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute.
Chief Executive Officer